Cheyne Capital Management
|Jonathan Lourie (CEO)
Stuart Fiertz (President)
Number of employees
Cheyne Capital is a London-based alternative asset manager. The firm launched its first fund in 2000 and today specializes in Real Estate Debt, Social Property Impact, Corporate Credit, Convertible Bonds, Event Driven Investing and Equities.
The firm's co-founder, Stuart Fiertz, was a member of the 14-person Hedge Fund Working Group, which devised best practice policies regarding financial valuation, transparency, and risk management. Those guidelines evolved into what is now the Hedge Fund Standards Board, a self-regulatory body of which Cheyne is a member. It is also a member of the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA). In 2003, the company signed a three-year contract with Mark-it Partners for the daily supply of credit derivatives swap data.
It was founded in 1999 by Jonathan Lourie and Stuart Fiertz who are currently the CEO and President of Cheyne Capital Management (UK) LLP respectively. At its launch it was authorised and regulated by the U.K. Financial Services Authority (FSA).
- McVea, Harry (2009 (Originally published online on November 28, 2008)). "Hedge fund regulation, market discipline and the Hedge Fund Working Group". Capital Markets Law Journal. Oxford University Press. 4 (1): 63–84. doi:10.1093/cmlj/kmn033. Check date values in:
- "HFSB (HFWG) Founders" (PDF). Hedge Fund Standards Board. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "HFSB Signatories". HFSB. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "AIMA Member Companies (PDF)". Alternative Investment Management Association. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Cheyne Capital Management signs up to Mark-it Partners credit pricing service". Finextra. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Cheyne Capital Management LLP: Private Company Information". BusinessWeek.