Chhang Dawa Sherpa
Chhang Dawa Sherpa
|Other names||Dawa Sherpa|
|Known for||Second Nepalease and Second South Asian to summit the 14 highest peaks in the world (8000ers)|
|Relatives||Mingma Sherpa Tashi Lakpa Sherpa (brother)|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chhang Dawa Sherpa (aka Dawa Sherpa) (born ; July 30, 1982) is a Nepalese mountaineer and the youngest mountaineer till 2019 to summit the 14 highest peaks. Dawa and his brother Mingma Sherpa together hold the world record as "first brothers to summit the 14 highest peaks", a single record shared by the two.
Dawa as his first 8000ers, first reached the summit of Makalu (8485 m) in the Spring of 2001 without supplementary oxygen along with his brother Mingma Sherpa. He and his brother Mingma Sherpa attained the Guinness world record of "World's First Two Brothers" to successfully summit the fourteen mountains of the world which are over 8000 meters in height. Sherpa brothers used supplementary oxygen only on four highest 8000ers among all fourteen. They now operate the expedition company named Seven Summits Treks, which organize climbs and treks throughout Nepal, Pakistan and China.
|S.no||Name of mountain||Year||Season||Height (m.)||Country|
Leading in 8000ers
- K2 Expedition: Chhang Dawa has been leading expedition in Karakorum including K2 since 2012-current.
- K2 Winter 2020/2021: 2 Nepali teams led by Nirmal Purja and Mingma "G" Gelje managed to climb K2 in winter for the first time. One member of Chhang Dawa's team was among the 10 Nepalease climbers together at the top. Chhang Dawa himself stayed in basecamp. 
- Annapunra Expedition: 32 Successful ascents of Annapurna (8091m) under his leadership in 2019, most ascents in a single year.
- "Chhang Dawa Sherpa". Archived from the original on 2013-10-05. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "World Record: Sherpas: The Invisible Men of Everest".
- Bhattacharya, Snigdhendu (16 Jan 2021). "'We Did It, We Did It,' Nepali Sherpas Scale 'Savage Mountain' K2 In Winter For First Time". Outlook The Fully Loaded Magazine. Outlook. Retrieved 16 January 2021.
- Prasain, Sangam. "Mission possible: Ten Nepalis become first to climb Mt K2 in the dead of winter". The Kathmandu Post. Retrieved 17 January 2021.