This article possibly contains original research. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Chhatarpur district in Madhya Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Khajuraho|
|• Total||8,687 km2 (3,354 sq mi)|
|• Density||200/km2 (530/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||64.9 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||884|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
Chattarpur district located at 24.06° & 25.20°N 78.59° & 80.26° E respectively. The district has an area of 8,687 km². Chhatarpur District is bounded by Uttar Pradesh state to the north, and the Madhya Pradesh districts of Panna to the east, Damoh to the south, Sagar to the southwest, and Tikamgarh to the west. Chhatarpur District is part of Sagar Division.
It is one of the 24 districts in Madhya Pradesh currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Chhatarpur District has a population of 1,762,375, roughly equal to the nation of The Gambia or the US state of Nebraska. This gives it a ranking of 271st in India (out of a total of 707). The district has a population density of 203 inhabitants per square kilometre (530/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 19.54%. Chhattarpur has a sex ratio of 884 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 64.9%.
Chhatarpur district had a population of 1,474,633 (2001 census), a 27% increase from its 1991 population of 1,158,853.
People from Chhatarpur district
- Satyavrat Chaturvedi
- Asgari Bai - Dhrupad singer and recipient of Padma Shri
- Babu Gulabrai - Hindi writer
- Virendra Kumar
- Jeetendra Singh Bundela
- "Chhatarpur". Chhatarpur district administration. Retrieved 18 August 2010.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (8 September 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 April 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Gambia, The 1,797,860 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chhatarpur district.|