Chhattisgarh High Court
|Chhattisgarh High Court|
|Established||1 November 2000|
|Composition method||Presidential with confirmation of Chief Justice of India and Governor of respective state.|
|Authorized by||Constitution of India|
|Decisions are appealed to||Supreme Court of India|
|Judge term length||mandatory retirement by age of 62|
|Number of positions||18|
|Since||9 April 2015|
|Lead position ends||18 august 2018|
The Chhattisgarh High Court is one of the High Courts in India located at village Bodri, Bilaspur with jurisdiction over the state of Chhattisgarh. It was established on 1 November 2000 with the creation of new state of Chhattisgarh upon the reorganisation of the state of Madhya Pradesh. The High Court of Bilaspur is the 19th High Court of India
Justice R. S. Garg was the first acting Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court. The court has a sanctioned judge strength of eighteen.
Judges of High Court of Chhattisgarh
- Justice Navin Sinha (Chief Justice)
- Justice Pritinker Diwaker
- Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra
- Justice Manindra Mohan Shrivastava
- Justice Goutam Bhaduri
- Justice Sanjay K. Agrawal
- Justice P. Sam Koshy
- Justice Inder Singh Uboweja
- Justice Chandra Bhushan Bajpai
The Chief Justice
Former Chief Justices
- Justice R.S. Garg, joined as Acting Chief Justice on 1st. November 2000 and officiated till 4 December 2000
- Justice W.A.Shishak, joined as the Chief Justice on 4 December 2000 and officiated till 6 February 2002
- Justice K.H.N. Kuranga, joined as the Chief Justice on 6 February 2002 and officiated till 28 May 2004
- Justice A.S.V. Moorthy, joined as the Chief Justice on 28 May 2004 and officiated till 14 March 2005
- Justice A.K. Patnaik, joined as the Chief Justice on 14 March 2005 and officiated till 2 February 2008
- Justice Rajeev Gupta, joined as the Chief Justice on 2 February 2008 and officiated till 10 October 2012
- Justice A M Sapre, joined as Acting Chief Justice on 10 October2012 and officiated till 23 October 2012
Former Judges of the High Court who are serving Judges of the Supreme Court of India
- Justice H.L. Dattu, present Chief Justice of India,
- Justice A.K. Patnaik.
- Justice A.M. Sapre, present Judge, Supreme Court of India.
Chhattisgarh High Court Bar Association
Chhattisgarh High Court Bar Association is the representative body of advocates practicing in Bilaspur High Court elected by way of direct voting from about 2400 members of the Bar Association and its officials have a term of two years.
- "Inaugural Speech". Chhattisgarh High Court. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "High Court of Chhattisgarh, Sitting Judges". Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "Chief Justice, Chhattisgarh High Court". High Court of Judicature at Chhattisgarh. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Jurisdiction and Seats of Indian High Courts
- Judge strength in High Courts increased
- Official Website
- Official Website