Chhattisgarh High Court
|Chhattisgarh High Court|
|Established||1 November 2000|
|Composition method||Presidential with confirmation of Chief Justice of India and Governor of respective state.|
|Authorized by||Constitution of India|
|Decisions are appealed to||Supreme Court of India|
|Judge term length||mandatory retirement by age of 62|
|No. of positions||19|
|Currently||Ajay Kumar Tripathi|
|Since||7 July 2018|
The Chhattisgarh High Court is one of the High Courts in India located at village Bodri, Bilaspur with jurisdiction over the state of Chhattisgarh. It was established on 1 November 2000 with the creation of new state of Chhattisgarh upon the reorganisation of the state of Madhya Pradesh. The High Court of Bilaspur is the 19th High Court of India.
Justice R. S. Garg was the first acting Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court. The court has a sanctioned judge strength of eighteen.
Judges of the High Court
- Hon'ble The Chief Justice
- Justice Pritinker Diwaker
- Justice Prashant Mishra
- Justice Manindra Mohan Shrivastava
- Justice Goutam Bhaduri
- Justice Sanjay K. Agrawal
- Justice P. Sam Koshy
- Justice Rajendra Chandra Singh Samant
- Justice Sharad Kumar Gupta
- Justice Ram Prasanna Sharma
- Justice Arvind Sigh Chandel
- Justice Parth Prateem Sahu
- Justice Gautam Chouridya
- Justice Vimla Singh Kapoor
- Justice Rajani Dubey
Former Chief Justices
|#||Chief Justices||Date of Appointment||Date of Retirement|
|-||R. S. Garg (Acting)||1 November 2000||4 December 2000|
|1||W.A. Shishak||5 December 2000||15 January 2002|
|2||K.H.N. Kuranga||6 February 2002||10 May 2004|
|3||Ayyampalayam Somasundaram Venkatachala Moorthy||28 May 2004||7 January 2005|
|4||A.K. Patnaik||14 March 2005||1 October 2005|
|5||S.R. Nayak||17 November 2005||31 December 2006|
|6||H.L. Dattu||12 February 2007||17 May 2007|
|7||Rajeev Gupta||2 February 2008||9 October 2012|
|8||Yatindra Singh||22 October 2012||8 October 2014|
|-||Navin Sinha (Acting)||9 October 2014||8 April 2015|
|9||Navin Sinha||9 April 2015||11 May 2016|
|10||Deepak Gupta||16 May 2016||16 February 2017|
|11||Thottathil B. Radhakrishnan||18 March 2017||6 July 2018|
|12||Ajay Kumar Tripathi||7 July 2018||Incumbent|
Former Judges of the High Court who served as Judges of the Supreme Court of India
- Justice H.L. Dattu, Former Chief Justice of India,
- Justice A.K. Patnaik.
- Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre, present Judge, Supreme Court of India.
- Justice Navin Sinha, present Judge, Supreme Court of India.
- Justice Deepak Gupta, present Judge, Supreme Court of India.
Chhattisgarh High Court Bar Association
Chhattisgarh High Court Bar Association is the representative body of advocates practicing in Bilaspur High Court elected by way of direct voting from about 2400 members of the Bar Association and its officials have a term of two years.
- "Inaugural Speech". Chhattisgarh High Court. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
- "High Court of Chhattisgarh, Sitting Judges". Archived from the original on 6 February 2013. Retrieved 13 October 2014.