Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University
|Motto||"Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached."|
|Type||Public State University|
Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University (CSVTU) is a Public State University located in Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India. On 30 April 2005, the foundation stone of the University was laid by the Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh.
Courses offered - BE,MBA,MCA,M.TECH,B.ARCH., POLYTECHNIC,D.PHARM.,B.PHARM.,M.PHARM.,PH.D
In early 2005 the State Government of Chhattisgarh decided to establish the University with the aim of providing "systematic, efficient and quality education" in the fields of engineering and technology. The relevant act was passed in the Chhattisgarh state assembly on 21 January 2005. Manmohan Singh, then Prime Minister of India, laid the foundation stone of the University in a ceremony held on 30 April 2005.
Land and financial aid by Bhilai Steel Plant
According to a 2008 news report, the Bhilai Steel Plant, one of the largest steel plants of the country, agreed to donate over 250 acres of land to the Chhattisgarh government for the establishment of the University, along with ₹500 million (US$7.2 million) for related infrastructure development.
After the University adopted an "industry-academia linkage system", a similar system was adopted by five other state universities. The system apparently offers financial rewards for students working on industry-defined problems.
As of 2013[update] the University offers courses in seven sections which are: Engineering & Technology, Applied Science, Management & Entrepreneurship, Pharmacy, Architecture, Humanities and Ecology & Environment.
Reservation of seats for SAIL
While the University was still in the planning stage, it was reported that 50 percent of certain postgraduate courses would be reserved for employees of the Steel Authority of India (SAIL), while a small number of places in other courses would be reserved for their children.
- "Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University – CSVTU". Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Bhilai Steel Plant gives land for tech university". India Edunews. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University". Higher Education on India. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "5 tech varsities follow GTU model". Indian Express. 26 October 2011. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "CSVTU results 2011 declared". Samay Live. 22 January 2011. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "CSVTU faculty". CSVTU. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Affiliated Engineering Colleges" (PDF). CSVTU. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 August 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Affiliated Polytechnics colleges" (PDF). CSVTU. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 August 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.