Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University
||It has been suggested that Shree shankara technical campus be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2017.|
|Motto||ज्ञानं नेचं परिज्ञात|
|Type||Public State University|
|Established||30 April 2005|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. MK Verma|
|Location||Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India|
Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University (or CSVTU) is a Public University located in Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India. On 30 April 2005, the foundation stone of the University was laid by the Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh.
In early 2005 the State Government of Chhattisgarh decided to establish the University with the aim of providing "systematic, efficient and quality education" in the fields of engineering and technology. The relevant act was passed in the Chhattisgarh state assembly on 21 January 2005. Manmohan Singh, then Prime Minister of India, laid the foundation stone of the University in a ceremony held on 30 April 2005.
Land and financial aid by Bhilai Steel Plant
According to a 2008 news report, the Bhilai Steel Plant, one of the largest steel plants of the country, agreed to donate over 250 acres of land to the Chhattisgarh government for the establishment of the University, along with ₹500 million (US$7.8 million) for related infrastructure development.
After the University adopted an "industry-academia linkage system", a similar system was adopted by five other state universities. The system apparently offers financial rewards for students working on industry-defined problems.
As of 2013[update] the University offers courses in seven sections which are: Engineering & Technology, Applied Science, Management & Entrepreneurship, Pharmacy, Architecture, Humanities and Ecology & Environment.
Reservation of seats for SAIL
While the University was still in the planning stage, it was reported that 50 percent of certain postgraduate courses would be reserved for employees of the Steel Authority of India (SAIL), while a small number of places in other courses would be reserved for their children.
* Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in
Electrical & Electronics
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
Computer Science & Engineering
Industrial and Production Engineering
* Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
* Master of Engineering/Technology ( M.E/M.Tech) in
Computer Science Engg.
Computer Technology & Application
Environmental Sc. & Engg. (Part Time)
ET (Digital Electronics)
ET(Inst. & Control)
ET (VLSI Design)
ET (VLSI & Embedded system design)
(ET&T) in the Department of Electronics & Telecommunication
Chemical (Environmental Engg.)
Civil (Structural Engg.)
Mechanical (Production Engg.)
Mechanical (Design &Thermal Engineering)
Elect. (Power System Engg.)
CAD - CAM (Robotics)
Power System Control(EE)
EEE (Electrical Devices & Power System Engineering)
Industrial Drives & Control
* Master of Business Administration (MBA)
* Master of Computer Application (MCA)
* Master of Pharmacy :
* Diploma Courses:
Modern Office Management
Note : The above courses are offered by University to its affiliated institutes only, there is no University Teaching Department in university.
- Institute of Technology, Korba
- Kirodimal Institute of Technology, Raigarh
- Government Engineering College, Bilaspur
- Bhilai Institute of Technology
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Institute of Technology
- Christian College of Engineering & Technology
- O.P. Jindal Institute of Technology
- RSR Rungta College of Engineering and Technology
- Rungta College of Engineering and Technology
- Shri Shankaracharya College of Engineering and Technology
- "Bhilai Steel Plant gives land for tech university". India Edunews. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University". Higher Education on India. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "5 tech varsities follow GTU model". Indian Express. 26 October 2011. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "CSVTU results 2011 declared". Samay Live. 22 January 2011. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "CSVTU faculty". CSVTU. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Affiliated Engineering Colleges" (PDF). CSVTU. Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- "Affiliated Polytechnics colleges" (PDF). CSVTU. Retrieved 9 July 2013.