|Directed by||Krishnadev Yagnik|
|Written by||Krishnadev Yagnik|
|Edited by||Nirav Panchal|
|Box office||₹ 18 crore|
Chhello Divas – A New Beginning (English: The Last Day – A New Beginning) is a comedy Gujarati film written and directed by Krishnadev Yagnik. The film revolves around the lives of eight friends in the last year of college. The film stars Malhar Thakar, Yash Soni, Mitra Gadhvi, Aarjav Trivedi, Rahul Raval, Janki Bodiwala, Kinjal Rajpriya, Netri Trivedi. The film was premiered on 20 November 2015. The film received positive reviews by critics and was commercially successful. It completed 50 days in cinemas. The film was remade in Hindi as Days of Tafree.
This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
On the last day of college, four friends are roaming in a car. One of them, Vicky (Malhar Thakar) stopped car to pee and ran over by a car, and his other three friends Nikhil, Loy, and Dhula rushed him to the hospital.
In flashback, Vicky's character is introduced. Vicky is a happy-go-lucky boy studying at H. D. College with his six friends. His best friends Nikhil is in love with a girl in their college named Pooja, Dhula is a fat boy who is always hungry and angry at people, Dev who is the simplest and most polite boy in the group, Loy who doesn't get any girls at college, and Isha who is Pooja's friend.
The movie then shows the friends' college life where Nikhil, Vicky and Loy are lords of the last bench and always do silly mischief to annoy their professors. Then Nikhil's character is introduced. Nikhil is spoilt by his rich father. Nikhil tells his friends a story about his break-up with a girl named Vandana because he ordered coffee for her at a cafe despite Vandana telling Nikhil not to. In story, he went to meet Vandana. Vandana is continuously crying at Nikhil and asking him: "Tey Coffee Kem Mangavi?" (Why did you order the coffee?). This causes Nikhil to break up with Vandana due to her crying about such little things.
Next day at college Nikhil, Vicky and Loy sing Hindi songs in a lecture to annoy their professor, and encourage all the other boys in class to sing as well. The sir pretends to be angry at the girls and sends them all outside the class, which causes the boys to laugh thinking that the girls got punished because of them. When the girls walk outside, they complain to their principal (Ghanshyam Sir) and tell them how they have been punished because of the boys of their class. The principal opens the door of the class where all the boys are running around the classrom with the lecturer chasing them with a weapon stick and saying Gujarati swear words of double meanings at them. Now it is revealed why the lecturer did a drama of sending all the girls outside. Ghanshyam Sir catches the lecturer also insulting him and saying that he is a useless and retarded principal because he hasn't rusticated all these naughty boys from the college yet. Now the lecturer is fired by the principal.
That night it is shown how Nikhil, Vicky, Loy, and Dhula have a very hot lady tutor (Sheetal Madam) and the only reason Vicky goes to her classes is to flirt with her. Sheetal is trying to explain a formula to Dhula and slaps him gently on the head because Dhula is not understanding. This angers Dhula who then hits Sheetal Madam on the head which causes her to faint. The next day Vicky gets a message on his phone by Sheetal that she will not teach the boys from now on. The next day is exams and it shown how Vicky and Loy have not revised the unit therefore they cheat in exams by hiding the exam paper in their pockets and requesting their new sir to let them go the toilet where they write all answers by looking them up in the hidden books.
After exams are finished Loy tells Nikhil and Vicky that his dad has caught him playing with himself and wants him to get married soon because his father thinks that Loy's hormones have changed. Nikhil and Vicky tell Loy not to worry because Loy is so ugly and doesn't get any girls, and therefore he will be rejected by this one as well. Then Loy explains how he knows the girl's parents and that they are very bad looking so he assumes that girl will be very ugly as well, so he makes a plan with his friends which will get him rejected the next day. Loy takes Vicky and Nikhil to the meet the girl and her parents the next day and tells Vicky to say a lot of bad stuff about Loy in front of the girl's parents so he will get rejected.
But it is revealed that Nisha (the girl that Loy was going to marry) is very beautiful and complete opposite to her parents. Vicky still continues with the plan because he doesn't want a boy like Loy to get such a pretty girl. Loy regrets taking Vicky to the meeting, as Nisha now patches up with Vicky instead of Loy. It is revealed that Nisha also wants to study in the same college as Nikhil, Vicky, and Loy. Due to fact that Vicky's uncle is a trustee of the H. D. college Vicky helps Nisha for the admission in the college. The next day, the 8 friends attend their drama professor's wedding reception where it is revealed that their professor is marrying none other than Sheetal. This causes Sheetal to run away from her marriage because of embarrassment. The film ends with Nikhil proposing to Pooja, Vicky proposing to Nisha, and Dhula proposing to Isha. The movie then shifts back to present time where it is shown that Vicky has survived the severe accident.
- Malhar Thakar as Vicky
- Yash Soni as Nikhil/Nick
- Mitra Gadhvi as Loy
- Aarjav Trivedi as Dhulo
- Rahul Raval as Dev
- Janki Bodiwala as Pooja
- Kinjal Rajpriya as Nisha
- Netri Trivedi as Isha
- Mayur Chauhan as Naresh
- Prapti Ajwalia as Vandana
- Prashant Barot as Nikhil's Father
- Beena Shah as Nikhil's Mother
- Jeetendra Thakkar as Vicky's Father
- Harsha Bhavsar as Vicky's Mother
- Jignesh Modi as Ghanshyam
- Jaykrushna Rathod as Loy's Father
- Ratilal Parmar as Nisha's Father
- Dipika Ajwalia as Nisha's Mother
- Jay Bhatt as Angry Professor
- Kartavya Shah as Drama Professor
- Archana Desai
- Ridham Bhatt as Tuition Teacher
Before the release of the film, a copy of the film meant for the censor board leaked online. The producers claimed they faced loss of ₹ 5 crore due to the piracy. Two clerks in Entertainment Tax Commissioner office in Gandhinagar were arrested in the case.
The film was remade in Hindi as the Days of Tafree (2016).
- "Gujarati films: Cheaper is not better". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-03-13.
- "After Recent Hits At The Box Office, 'Gollywood' Rises in Gujarat". NDTV.com. 12 January 2016. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- GlamSham.com (10 August 2016). "DAYS OF TAFREE revisits CHHELLO DIVAS in Hindi". Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- "Director Krishnadev Yagnik". 20 November 2015.
- Iyer, Shreya (2015-10-20). "Trailer of Gujarati movie Chello Divas is out". The Times of India. Retrieved 2015-12-05.
- "જોઇ લો, મસ્તીથી ભરપૂર ગુજ્જુ ફિલ્મ 'છેલ્લો દિવસ'નું ટ્રેલર". Sandesh Gujarati Newspaper (in Gujarati). 8 October 2015. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Gujarati film chhello divas Leaked". m.divyabhaskar.co.in (in Gujarati). 2015-12-05. Retrieved 2015-12-05.
- "'અકિલા'- પાયોનિયરમાં ફિલ્મ 'છેલ્લો દિવસ'નો પ્રોમોઃ આજે કલાકારો ધૂમ મચાવશે". Akilanews.com (in Gujarati). 2015-12-05. Retrieved 2015-12-05.
- "Govt clerks arrested for leaking 'Chello Divas'". Ahmedabad Mirror. 2016-01-30. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- Mishra, Piyush; Damor, Kalpesh (11 December 2015). "Gujarati movies thrive on digital push".
- "Producer goes to cops as piracy hits 'Chhello Divas'".
- "'Chhello Diwas' copy leaked, govt official held". The Times of India. 2016-01-30. Retrieved 2016-02-25.