|Elevation||279 m (915 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011[update] India census, Chhutmalpur had a population of 14,274. Males constitute 52.27% of the population and females 47.72%. Chhutmalpur has an average literacy rate of 79.46%, higher than the national average of 74.04%; with male literacy of 86.14% and female literacy of 72.15%. 14.14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- A.H.P. Inter College (The oldest school in the area, since 1946)
- Jai Bharat Vidya Kunj
- Bal Vidya Mandir
- Rashtriya Vidhya Peeth
- Tulsi Higher Secondary School(since 1993)
- Sun Rise Public School (since 1994)
- Mount Carmel Christian Academy (since 1992)
- Dell Mond International School
- Aaditya Niwas
- Tanki wali gali, Dehradun road. A male hostel near Dehradun Road. The Hostel provides strictly vegetarian food for its residents. The mess is fully equipped with modern cooking equipment to ensure quality, cleanliness and hygiene.
Chhutmalpur is currently a Gram Panchayat and falls under following legislative constituencies:
- Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly constituency "BEHAT". Current MLA Mr. Naresh Saini (Political Party - INC), Election result-11/03/17, Won by : 25586 Votes
- Indian Parliament constituency Saharanpur. Sitting MP Raghav Lakhan Pal Sharma (BJP).
Chhutmalpur Panchayat Ghar is situated on the Saharanpur Road.
Chhutmalpur has its own post office, which serves Chhutmalpur and the villages around it. The post office is situated at the Rajiv Gandhi Chowk.
Chhutmalpur sits at the NH 72A and connects to following major cities:
- Dehradun towards north-east, 47 km via NH 72A
- Roorkee towards south-east, 25 km via NH 72A and NH 73
- Saharanpur towards west, 23 km via NH 73
- Behat towards north-west, 27 km via MDR 121W
Chhutmalpur is a UPSRTC bus depot and has frequent bus connectivity to Saharanpur, Dehradun, Roorkee, Haridwar etc. It also falls on a number of interstate bus routes connecting Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh with major towns in Uttarakhand.
Other modes of transport
- M/s Raghubir Singh Trilok Chand, HPCL (On Saharanpur - Dehradun Road).
- BPCL (On Saharanpur - Dehradun Road)
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2017-03-26.