2 June 1959 |
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT Sloan|
|Revised Romanization||Yun Chiwon|
Chi-Won Yoon (born 2 June 1959) is a South Korean financier and executive. Formerly president of UBS Group Asia Pacific, he stepped down in 2016 after nearly seven years in the position to take a sabbatical. He was also a member of the board of UBS Securities Co. Ltd.  and Chair of the Asian Executive Board of the MIT Sloan School of Management.
Yoon studied electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he graduated with a bachelor's degree in 1982 and with a Master in Management in 1986 from the MIT Sloan School of Management.
In 1997, Yoon joined UBS as Head of Equity Derivatives. He began to oversee Asian Equities in 2004. In March 2008, he was appointed Head of UBS Securities Business at UBS Hong Kong, replacing Kathryn Shih. From June 2009 until November 2010, he served as CEO and Chairman of UBS AG Asia Pacific, succeeding Rory Tapner. From November 2010 he held the position of co-CEO and co-Chairman, and in March 2012 he was appointed again as sole CEO of UBS Group Asia Pacific. His role in the APAC region involves leading UBS Wealth Management, Investment Banking and Asset Management.
Before stepping down, he was in the board of directors of UBS Securities Co. Ltd and in the UBS Group Executive Board since June 2009. Yoon holds the position of Chairman of the Asian Executive Board for the MIT Sloan School of Management and is a member of the advisory board of the MIT Center for Finance and Policy.
- "UBS Announces Changes to Group Executive Board and Board of Directors". Business Wire. Business Wire. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- "Chi-Won Yoon". UBS Group Executive Board. UBS. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "MIT Sloan Executive Boards". Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "UBS Chi-Won Yoon CV". UBS.com. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Bloomberg Chi-Won Yoon". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "UBS names new Asia Pacific CEO", Reuters, 25 June 2009, retrieved 20 September 2011
- Song, Oe-dal (2 March 2008), "홍콩 금융가에 떠오른 한국계 CEO/The Korean CEO rising on Hong Kong's Finance Street", Chosun Ilbo, retrieved 28 November 2008
- "Chi-Won Yoon becomes Hong Kong CEO at UBS", FinanceAsia, 13 February 2008, retrieved 16 November 2015
- UBS Group Executive Board, CV Chi-Won Yoon, retrieved 15 July 2014
- UBS's Asia chief to leave; Chi-Won Yoon to step in, retrieved 16 November 2015