Chi Delta Theta
|Chi Delta Theta|
|Founded||October 13, 1989
University of California, Santa Barbara
|Colors||Pink and Silver|
|Headquarters||Santa Barbara, California|
Chi Delta Theta (ΧΔΘ) (also Chi Delts) is an Asian-American Interest sorority based in California. The organization strives to promote sisterhood, community service, academics, cultural awareness and social activity in the lives of its members.
Chi Delta Theta was officially established at the University of California, Santa Barbara on October 13, 1989 by Miss Alison Suto Stripling and Miss Joanne Yamaoka. With nineteen founding members, Chi Delta Theta was the first Asian-American interest sorority recognized on campus.
- The Beta Chapter at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo was officially founded on February 3, 1992 with ten founding members. It became the Beta Chapter on April 24, 1993. As with UCSB, the Beta Chapter was the first Asian-American interest sorority on the California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo campus.
- The Gamma Chapter at Loyola Marymount University was formed by three women on February 1, 1997. It became the Gamma Chapter on April 30, 1999.
- The Delta Chapter at California State University, Long Beach was formed by thirteen women on February 28, 1998. It became the Delta Chapter on May 22, 1999.
- The Epsilon Chapter at University of California, Davis was formed by seven women on February 20, 1999. It became the Epsilon Chapter on April 30, 2000. This chapter allowed Chi Delta Theta to become part of Northern California.
- The Zeta Chapter at University of California, Los Angeles was formed by ten women on May 23, 2008. It became the Zeta Chapter on August 20, 2010.
Miss Alison Suto Stripling and Miss Joanne Yamaoka along with seventeen founding sisters formed the Alpha Chapter of Chi Delta Theta, the first Asian-American interest sorority on the University of California, Santa Barbara campus.
- Miss Joanne Yamaoka Kato
- Miss Alison Suto Stripling
- Miss Caroline Chang
- Miss Wei-Fang Chen
- Miss Cheryl Chow
- Miss Susan Fang
- Miss Julie Goto
- Miss Eiko Kato
- Miss Gigi Liang
- Miss Jain Lee
- Miss Cynthia Matano
- Miss Joy Murao
- Miss Cheryl Ong
- Miss Leslie Ong
- Miss Junko Takahashi
- Miss Jan Tashiro
- Miss Joni Urasaki
- Miss Kaying Vang
- Miss Julie Wong
The sisterhood remains strong with over 500 sisters across California. The organization prides themselves on knowing all members including alumnae as well as all members of other chapters.
- Α - University of California, Santa Barbara 
- Β - California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo 
- Γ - Loyola Marymount University 
- Δ - California State University, Long Beach 
- Ε - University of California, Davis 
- Z - University of California, Los Angeles 
- H - California Sate University, Northridge