Here, he restored the fortress and built the Piazza Vitelli town square (1559), today the Piazza Garibaldi, as well as the Palazzo Vitelli which can be seen today, holding a significant art collection. He used acquisitions from other places, such as a belltower from Montepescali, a town he had surrounded near Grosseto (1555). His military inventions include a siege technique, first tried at the town of Mons in, for the Spanish Duke of Alba (1572).
He died in the Netherlands in 1575.
- Who's who Archived June 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. from medici.org
- Biography Archived June 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. from Note biografiche di Capitani di Guerra e di Condottieri di Ventura operanti in Italia nel 1330 - 1550
- Gli artisti di Palazzo Vitelli a Sant' Egidio Archived June 29, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Feste Giostre e Tornei Archived July 4, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- History of Cetona Archived July 19, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Montepescali, history and tales Archived April 23, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Military science in the sixteenth century Archived February 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
|This biographical article related to the Italian military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|