|Origin||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Years active||2007 – present|
|Past members||Ariane Jean|
Chic Gamine is a Canadian musical group from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Formed in 2007 by vocalists Ariane Jean, Alexa Dirks, Andrina Turenne, Annick Bremault and drummer Sacha Daoud, they began with a vocal pop style backed only by drums, but later evolved to add more instrumentation. Jean, Turenne and Bremault had previously been members of the larger vocal group Madrigaïa.
The band released its self-titled debut album in 2008. They received two Canadian Folk Music Award nominations at the 4th Canadian Folk Music Awards that year for Best Vocal Group and Best New Artist. and the album won the Juno Award for Roots and Traditional Album of the Year - Group at the Juno Awards of 2009.
They followed up with City City in 2010, receiving another Juno Award nomination for Roots and Traditional Album of the Year - Group at the Juno Awards of 2011. In 2013 they released Closer, a compilation of tracks from their first two albums released as their introduction to the United States market.
Jean left the band in 2014, and was replaced by Benoit Morier on bass guitar. The band released a Christmas EP in 2014, before following up in 2015 with their third studio album, Light a Match.
- Chic Gamine (2008)
- City City (2010)
- Closer (2013)
- Christmas, Vol. 1 (2014)
- Light a Match (2015)
- "French-Canadian girl group Chic Gamine has gone full-on pop, rock and soul". BeatRoute Magazine, March 10, 2015.
- "Chic Gamine booked for California festival". Winnipeg Free Press, August 15, 2008.
- "Vocal heroes". Winnipeg Free Press, August 13, 2009.
- "C'est très Chic to be a female vocal group". Winnipeg Free Press, November 22, 2008.
- "List of nominees for the Canadian Folk Music Awards". Canadian Press, October 8, 2008.
- "Taking home a Juno...". Waterloo Region Record, March 31, 2009.
- "Local acts fill Winnipeg stages this weekend". Winnipeg Free Press, November 10, 2010.
- "Five local artists up for Juno awards". Winnipeg Free Press, February 2, 2011.
- "Chic Gamine: The Girl-Group Sound, Stripped To Its Bones". NPR, March 31, 2013.
- "Chic Gamine follow their musical instincts; Juno-winning Winnipeg band 'always evolving'". Edmonton Journal, February 27, 2014.
- "Fired up". Winnipeg Free Press, October 1, 2015.
- "Santa and his band are coming down your chimney; From Grumpy Cat to Motown to Downton Abbey, there's festive listening for all". Halifax Chronicle-Herald, December 11, 2014.
- Katie Presley, "Review: Chic Gamine, 'Light A Match'". NPR, October 14, 2015.
- "No shrinking violet: Begonia talks power and confidence ahead of Saskatoon jazz fest shows". CBC News Saskatoon, June 24, 2017.