Chicago-style relish is a type of sweet pickle relish typically used on Chicago-style hot dogs. The unique color of the relish, often referred to as "neon green", is created by adding blue dye to regular pickle relish. The first use of Chicago-style relish on a hot dog has been attributed to several different restaurants, including Fluky's and Superdawg.
- ^ a b Zeldes, Leah (July 20, 2010). "Origins of Neon Relish and Other Chicago Hot Dog Conundrums" Archived 2011-07-10 at the Wayback Machine, Dining Chicago. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- ^ Huff, Andrew (August 27, 2012). "Neon Green Relish: A Taste Test", Gapers Block. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- ^ Sabin, Katje. "In a Pickle: What's Up with Green Relish?", LTHForum.com. Retrieved July 18, 2016.
- ^ "The Chicago Dog". Hot Dog Chicago Style – The Search for the Perfect Dog. Retrieved July 18, 2016.
- Stein, Dick (March 16, 2016). "Food For Thought: Homemade Chicago-Style Relish". KPLU-FM. Archived from the original on August 1, 2016. Retrieved July 11, 2016.