Chicago: Music from the Miramax Motion Picture
|Chicago: Music From the Miramax Motion Picture|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Released||November 19, 2002|
|Studio||Metalworks Studios, Mississauga, ON|
|Genre||Pop, jazz, hip hop|
|Singles from Chicago: Music From the Miramax Motion Picture|
Chicago: Music From the Miramax Motion Picture is a soundtrack album featuring all of the original songs of the 2002 Best Picture Academy Award-winning musical film Chicago starring Renée Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Queen Latifah, Richard Gere, John C. Reilly, Mýa Harrison and Christine Baranski.
|1.||"Overture/And All that Jazz"||John Kander and Fred Ebb||Catherine Zeta-Jones||6:04|
|2.||"Funny Honey"||Kander and Ebb||Renée Zellweger||3:39|
|3.||"When You're Good to Mama"||Kander and Ebb||Queen Latifah||3:19|
|4.||"Cell Block Tango"||Kander and Ebb||Zeta-Jones, Susan Misner, Denise Faye, Deidre Goodwin, Ekaterina Chtchelkanova and Mýa Harrison||7:22|
|5.||"All I Care About"||Kander and Ebb||Richard Gere||3:48|
|6.||"We Both Reached for the Gun"||Kander and Ebb||Gere and Christine Baranski||3:59|
|7.||"Roxie"||Kander and Ebb||Zellweger||3:22|
|8.||"I Can't Do It Alone"||Kander and Ebb||Zeta-Jones||3:51|
|9.||"Mister Cellophane"||Kander and Ebb||John C. Reilly||3:57|
|10.||"Razzle Dazzle"||Kander and Ebb||Gere||3:47|
|11.||"Class[a]"||Kander and Ebb||Zeta-Jones and Latifah||2:54|
|12.||"Nowadays"||Kander and Ebb||Zellweger||2:14|
|13.||"Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag"||Kander and Ebb||Zellweger and Zeta-Jones||3:28|
|14.||"I Move On[b]"||Kander and Ebb||Zellweger and Zeta-Jones||4:00|
|15.||"After Midnight"||Danny Elfman||instrumental||3:24|
|17.||"Cell Block Tango/He Had It Comin'[c]"||Kander and Ebb||Latifah, Lil' Kim and Macy Gray||3:40|
|18.||"Love Is a Crime[c][d]"||Greg Lawson, Denise Rich,
Damon Sharpe and Ric Wake
- ^a "Class" was filmed but cut from the final editing of the movie. The footage was later included on the DVD release and in the film's broadcast television premiere on NBC in 2005
- ^b "I Move On" is a song which Kander and Ebb wrote directly for the film adaptation, thus is not featured on the original Broadway musical.
- ^c Songs not featured in the film, bonus tracks.
- ^d A music video was released for the song but it was never officially released as a CD single for a worldwide market, as promoting it would have been impossible due to the singer's recently announced battle with breast cancer at that time. When Anastacia was shooting the video she had a 40 °C (104 °F) degree fever.
- The album won the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media and was nominated for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media
- The song "I Move On" was nominated for 1 Academy Award for Best Music, Original Song
- The song "Cell Block Tango" won a Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Song
- The song Love Is a Crime was nominated for a Satellite Award for Best Original Song
- The song "All That Jazz" singing by Catherine Zeta-Jones and Renée Zellweger appears in AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs list on 98th place
|U.S. Billboard Top Soundtracks||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||2|
|U.S. Billboard Top Internet Albums||2|
|Billboard Top Canadian Albums||5|
- Grein, Paul (2009-06-10). "Week Ending June 7, 2009: DMB Chases The Stones | Chart Watch - Yahoo! Music". New.music.yahoo.com. Archived from the original on 2011-05-05. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Charts and Awards: Chicago Music From the Miramax Motion Picture". Retrieved 2009-06-05.