Chicago Bears statistics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1 Franchise Firsts
- 2 Individual statistical career leaders
- 3 Team records
- 4 Postseason statistics
- 5 Coaching Records
- 6 Season-by-season results
- 7 Individual league awards
- 8 Footnotes
- 9 References
- First NFL Game - A 20-0 victory over the Moline Tractors, 10/3/20.
- First Loss - A 7-6 loss to the Chicago Cardinals, 11/28/20.
- First Tie - A 0-0 tie to the Akron Pros, 12/12/20.
- First Thanksgiving Day Game - A 6-0 victory over the Chicago Tigers, 11/25/1920.
- First Overtime Game - A 22-16 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, 10/16/77.
- First Game on Artificial Turf - A 17-15 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers, 9/19/71.
- First Game in a Dome - A 27-7 loss to the Detroit Lions, 10/12/75.
- First International Regular-Season Game - A 22-19 victory over the Buffalo Bills, 11/7/10.
- First Winning Season - 1920 (10-1-2).
- First Losing Season - 1929 (4-9-2).
- First Championship Season - 1921 (9-1-1).
- First Player Deal - The Bears purchased tackle Ed Healey's contract from the Rock Island Independents for $100, 11/27/22.
- First Player Drafted - T Joe Stydahar, 1936.
- First Bear Named All-Pro - HB Red Grange, 1931.
- First Bears Elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame - HB Red Grange, Owner/Coach/E George Halas, FB Bronko Nagurski, 1963 Charter Members.
- First Bears in the Pro Bowl - G Dick Barwegan, G Ray Bray, T/LB George Connor, T Fred Davis, QB Johnny Lujack, DE Ed Sprinkle, C/LB Bulldog Turner, 1/14/51.
- First Head Coach to coach in the Pro Bowl - Paddy Driscoll, 1/13/57.
- First To Pass 400 Yards In A Game - Sid Luckman, 433 yards vs. the New York Giants, 11/14/43.
- First to Rush 100 Yards In A Game - Bronko Nagurski, 124 yards vs. the Portsmouth Spartans, 11/26/33 (the first year official statistics were recorded).
- First 1,000-Yard Rusher - Beattie Feathers became the first back in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season. He gained 1,004 yards in 1934.
- First Playoff Game - A 23-21 victory over the New York Giants, 12/17/33.
- First Overtime Playoff Game - A 27-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks, 1/14/07
- First NFC Championship Game Appearance - A 23-0 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, 1/6/85
- First Super Bowl Appearance - A 46-10 victory over the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XX, 1/26/86.
Individual statistical career leaders
- The following is a list of historical leaders in select offensive and defensive statistical records. For a complete list of statistical team records including individual career, single-season, single-game, and team records, see List of Chicago Bears team records.
|active||Active players are listed in italics|
|*||Tie between two or more players/teams|
|†||Tied for NFL record|
- For a complete list of statistical team records including team season and game records, see List of Chicago Bears team records.
- Best Record: 15-1, 1985 (16 games)
- Worst Record: 1-13, 1969 (14 games)
- Highest Winning Percentage: 1.000†, 1942 (11 games); 1934 (13 games)
- Lowest Winning Percentage: .071, 1969 (14 games)
- Home Wins: 9, 1926 (11 games)
- Road Wins: 7, (5 times) Last: 2006 (8 road games)
†-tied NFL record
- Largest Margin of Victory - 73-0*, at Washington, 12/8/40
- Largest Margin of Defeat - 52-0, at Baltimore Colts, 9/27/64
- Largest Margin of Victory at Home - 61-7, Green Bay, 12/7/80
- Largest Margin of Defeat at Home - 34-0, San Francisco, 11/17/74
* - 1940 NFL Championship
- For complete list of statistical team records during postseason play see, List of Chicago Bears postseason team records
NFL Championship Game Results
|Game||Winning Team||Score||Losing Team|
|1921 NFL Season||Chicago Bears||No Game||None|
|NFL Playoff Game, 1932||Chicago Bears||9–0||Portsmouth Spartans|
|NFL Championship Game, 1933||Chicago Bears||23–21||New York Giants|
|NFL Championship Game, 1934||New York Giants||30–13||Chicago Bears|
|NFL Championship Game, 1937||Washington Redskins||28–21||Chicago Bears|
|NFL Championship Game, 1940||Chicago Bears||73–0||Washington Redskins|
|NFL Championship Game, 1941||Chicago Bears||37–9||New York Giants|
|NFL Championship Game, 1942||Washington Redskins||14–6||Chicago Bears|
|NFL Championship Game, 1943||Chicago Bears||41–21||Washington Redskins|
|NFL Championship Game, 1946||Chicago Bears||24–14||New York Giants|
|NFL Championship Game, 1956||New York Giants||47–7||Chicago Bears|
|NFL Championship Game, 1963||Chicago Bears||14–10||New York Giants|
|Super Bowl XX||Chicago Bears||46–10||New England Patriots|
|Super Bowl XLI||Indianapolis Colts||29–17||Chicago Bears|
|Total: (13 NFL Championships played); (8–5 record); (9 NFL Championships)|
Main article: List of Chicago Bears head coaches
- Most victories as franchise head coach (regular plus postseason): 324 – George Halas (1920–1929, 1933–1942, 1946–1955, 1958–1967)
- Most victories as franchise head coach (regular season): 318 – George Halas (1920–1929, 1933–1942, 1946–1955, 1958–1967)
- Most victories as franchise head coach (postseason): 6 – George Halas (1933–1942, 1946–1955, 1958–1967) and Mike Ditka (1982–1992)
- Highest winning percentage as head coach: .706 – Ralph Jones (1930–1932)
- Lowest winning percentage as head coach: .268 – Abe Gibron (1972–1974)
- Most seasons as franchise head coach: 40 – George Halas (1920–1929, 1933–1942, 1946–1955, 1958–1967)
- Most consecutive seasons as head coach: 11 – Mike Ditka (1982–92)
- Most Championships as a head coach: 6† – George Halas (1921, 1933, 1940, 1941, 1946, & 1963)
†-tied NFL record
- For more information on the yearly results of the Chicago Bears, see List of Chicago Bears seasons
- For more information on yearly team awards and honors, see List of Chicago Bears team awards
- For more information on the all-time series record for the Chicago Bears all NFL franchises (present and defunct), see List of Chicago Bears all-time record versus NFL
- For more information on the yearly result of the Chicago Bears on Primetime football games, see List of Chicago Bears results on Primetime Football
- For more information on the yearly result of the Chicago Bears on Holidays football games such as Thanksgiving and Christmas, see List of Chicago Bears results on Holidays Football
- Regular season all-time record (as of 2016): 741–555–42 (.554)
- Postseason all-time record (as of 2016): 17–18 (.486)
- Total all-time record: (as of 2016): 758–573–42 (.552)
All-time home/road Records
- Home Games all-time record (as of 2016): 446–247–25 (.622)
- Road Games all-time record (as of 2016): 312–326–17 (.477)
Records on different playing surfaces
- Dome/Retractable Roof all-time record (as of 2016): 48–65 (.425)
- Artificial Turf all-time record (1971–present): 167–151–1 (.525)
Records on different holidays/special day games
- Thanksgiving Day Games all-time record (as of 2016): 17–14–2 (.530)
- Sunday Night Football all-time record (1987–present): 15–21 (.417)
- Monday Night Football all-time record (1970–present): 29–36 (.446)
- Thursday Night Football all-time record (as of 2016): 7–6 (.538)
- Opening Day all-time record (as of 2016): 54–37–5 (.568)
- NFC Central Division all-time record (1970-2001): 101–84 (.546)
- NFC North Division all-time record (2002–present): 40–44 (.476)
- Shutouts all-time record (as of 2016): 118–58–17 (.614)
- Preseason all-time record (as of 2016): 235–169–8 (.573)
- Overtime all-time record (as of 2016): 22–21 (.512)
- First Game after Bye Week all-time record (1990–present): 17–9 (.654)
Individual league awards
- For a complete list of individual league awards handed out to Chicago Bears players and coaches, see List of Chicago Bears award winners.