|Genre||News/entertainment, variety show|
|Running time||60 min.|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Home station||WGN Radio|
|Hosted by||Rick Kogan|
|Executive producer(s)||Kelly Leonard, Lara Weber|
|Recording studio||Chicago, Illinois|
|Original release||October 2010 – present|
Chicago Live! is an hour-long stage and radio variety show hosted by Chicago newspaperman and radio personality Rick Kogan. The multi-platform show is produced by the Chicago Tribune in partnership with The Second City and broadcasts on WGN Radio 720-AM Saturday nights at 11 p.m. It is taped in front of a live studio audience. Short, individual segments from each show are distributed in video and podcast format.
Chicago Live! debuted at the Chicago Theatre Downstairs on October 14, 2010, and continued recording and airing in six-week seasons through 2011. In November 2011, Chicago Live! announced that it would shift to eight-week seasons in 2012 and move to the Up Comedy Club in Chicago's Old Town neighborhood.
As described by host Rick Kogan, the show's mission is to "bring the paper in its wonderful variety on stage."
Each episode of Chicago Live! includes:
- Interviews with Chicago newsmakers and entertainers
- Topical comedy from The Second City
- Almanac segment in which Rick Kogan presents stories, videos around a selected year in Chicago history
- Performances by Chicago artists and entertainers
- Feder, Robert (21 November 2011). "Kogan brings life to Chicago Live! as no one else could". Time Out Chicago. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Chicago Live! stage and radio show created by Chicago Tribune and The Second City". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "'Chicago Live!' moving to new Up Comedy Club". Chicago Tribune. 1 December 2011. section 4, p. 2.
- Kogan, Rick (10 October 2010). "Lara Weber" (Audio). WGN Radio. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
|This article about a radio show or program in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|