Chichester Free School
|Chichester Free School|
|Motto||Nurture · Challenge · Inspire|
|Local authority||West Sussex|
|Department for Education URN||139668 Tables|
|Chair of Governors||Stephen King|
|Principal||Jenny Clough (Interim)|
|Age||4 to 19|
Chichester Free School is a mixed-sex free school located in Chichester, West Sussex, England. It opened in 2013 and caters for students aged 4–19 years. The school is located on the newly-developed Carmelite convent site, which was damaged in a fire in 2009.
In June 2015, the school had its first Ofsted inspection, when the school was adjudged to be "Good". The inspectors noted that the school benefited from several strong senior and middle leaders who were highly committed and were effectively raising standards across the school; other leaders were not as strong and there was no leadership training. Teaching in the primary phase was weaker than in the secondary phase.
- "URN 139668 Chichester Free School". Department for Education - Edubase. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Governors". Chichester Free School. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Free school principal: 'right time for new challenge'". Chichester Observer. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 12 January 2018.
- "Free school principal to move on as it prepares for new home". Chichester Post. 8 September 2017. Retrieved 12 January 2018.
- Ofsted Report Chichester Free School
|This West Sussex school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Chichester Free School plans for new home finally set for decision". www.chichester.co.uk. Retrieved 2 March 2019.