Chichibu Railway 7800 series
|Chichibu Railway 7800 series|
The first set, 7801, March 2013
|In service||16 March 2013–|
|Manufacturer||Tokyu Car Corporation|
|Number built||8 vehicles (4 sets)|
|Number in service||8 vehicles (4 sets)|
|Formation||2 cars per trainset|
|Line(s) served||Chichibu Main Line|
|Car body construction||Stainless steel|
|Car length||20,000 mm (65 ft 7 in)|
|Width||2,800 mm (9 ft 2 in)|
|Height||4,123 mm (13 ft 6.3 in)|
|Doors||4 pairs per side|
|Maximum speed||80 km/h (50 mph)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead wire|
|Bogies||TS-807 (motored), TS-815 (trailer)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Chichibu Railway 7800 series (秩父鉄道7800系) is a 2-car electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the Japanese private railway operator Chichibu Railway on Chichibu Main Line local services since 16 March 2013.
The first 2-car train was converted from former Tokyu 8090 series cars in 2012 by Tokyu Techo Systems. Conversion details include the removal of electrical equipment from one former motored car, the addition two lozenge-type pantographs on the DeHa 7800 car, and the addition of new cab ends.
The DeHa 7800 car is fitted with two lozenge-type pantographs.
The conversion histories and former identities of the fleet are as shown below.
|Set No.||Car No.||Tokyu numbering||Conversion date|
|7801||DeHa 7801||DeHa 8490||15 March 2013|
|KuHa 7901||DeHa 8290|
|7802||DeHa 7802||DeHa 8494||15 November 2013|
|KuHa 7902||DeHa 8298|
|7803||DeHa 7803||DeHa 8496||24 February 2014|
|KuHa 7903||DeHa 8282|
|7804||DeHa 7804||DeHa 8495||20 March 2014|
|KuHa 7904||DeHa 8280|
- 秩父鉄道7800系 [Chichibu Railway 7800 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 53 no. 626. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. June 2013. pp. 58–59.
- 秩父鉄道向け先頭車化改造車が姿を現す [Rebuilt train with new cab ends appears for Chichibu Railway]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 14 December 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2014 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2014]. Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 24 July 2014. p. 202. ISBN 978-4-330-48414-3.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2013 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2013]. Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 30 July 2013. p. 208. ISBN 978-4-330-39313-1.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chichibu Railway 7800 series.|
- Chichibu Railway news release (15 February 2013) (in Japanese)