Chick Corea Akoustic Band
|Studio album by|
|Studio||Clinton Recording Studios, NYC|
|Chick Corea Akoustic Band chronology|
Akoustic Band is a 1989 jazz album by the Chick Corea Akoustic Band, featuring Chick Corea with John Patitucci and Dave Weckl. The group was nominated and received the 1990 Grammy Award for Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Group at the 32nd Annual Grammy Awards.
Allmusic awarded the album with 1.5 stars and its review by Daniel Gioffre states: "After recording a string of fusion records in the late '80s with his Chick Corea Elektric Band, Chick Corea returned to acoustic jazz with this trio date. Enlisting Elektric Band sidemen John Patitucci and Dave Weckl, Corea swings through ten tracks with noticeably mixed results. The leader is as romantic as ever, playing with bravado even on ballads, flawlessly executing complicated ideas, reveling in drama and melodrama."
|1.||"Bessie's Blues"||John Coltrane||4:57|
|2.||"My One and Only Love"||George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin, Robert Mellin, Guy Wood||4:47|
|3.||"So in Love"||Cole Porter||6:55|
|4.||"Sophisticated Lady"||Duke Ellington, Irving Mills, Mitchell Parish||5:07|
|5.||"Autumn Leaves"||Joseph Kosma, Johnny Mercer, Jacques Prévert||5:07|
|1.||"Someday My Prince Will Come"||Frank Churchill, Larry Morey||6:14|
|2.||"Morning Sprite"||Chick Corea||6:33|
|3.||"T.B.C. (Terminal Baggage Claim)"||Corea||5:15|
- Project Coordinator – Evelyn Brechtlein
- Engineer – Bernie Kirsh
- Executive Producer – Dave Grusin, Larry Rosen
- Executive Album Producer – Ron Moss
- Digital Mix Assistant – Larry Mah
- Recording Manager – Mick Thompson
- Recording Manager Assistant – Joseph Martin
|1989||Billboard Top Jazz Albums||1|
|1989||Chick Corea Akoustic Band||Best Jazz Instrumental Album|
- Gioffre, Daniel. Akoustic Band – Chick Corea Akoustic Band at AllMusic. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- Chick Corea Akoustic Band (Vinyl album cover). Chick Corea Akoustic Band. United Kingdom: GRP. 1994. GRP-9582.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Akoustic Band – Chick Corea's Akoustic Band | Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "32nd Annual GRAMMY Awards (1989)". GRAMMY.com. Retrieved November 12, 2017.