|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Initially launched on October 23, 1990 under Unilever's Ragú brand in the United States, it was launched in the United Kingdom under the Knorr brand in 1993, while the same year, Chicken Tonight made its way to Oceania under the Raguletto brand. As of 2015, Chicken Tonight is a standalone brand.
The associated advertising slogan is "I feel like Chicken Tonight". In one series of television ads, these words were sung by actors as they 'flapped' their arms in a movement similar to the dance "The Chicken". An advertisement for Chicken Tonight was the first in the United Kingdom to use a red button interactive service to promote the product.
The American version of the product was met with limited success; however, it is still sold in Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Association football player Ian Wright appeared in commercials for the product. In 2011, Unilever sold the Ragu business and the Chicken Tonight brand (in a deal worth £30m) in the United Kingdom to Symington's, a food manufacturer in Leeds, who would drop the Knorr Branding.
- Chicken Tonight Commercial
- Wakefield, Jane (29 March 2000). "Chicken Tonight goes interactive". ZDNet.
- "Unilever sells Chicken Tonight and Ragu for £30m". Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-02-04.
- "Dickhead Tonight/Chicken Tonight on The Late Show".
- Mirkin, David (2004). The Simpsons season 5 DVD commentary for the episode "Lady Bouvier's Lover" (DVD). 20th Century Fox.
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|