|This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Wavelength at 23:32, 21 April 2014 (rewording: —> "Chicken fingers of this kind"). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .|
|Alternative names||Chicken tenders, chicken strips, toes, chicken fillets|
|Course||Appetizer, main course|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, breading|
Chicken fingers, also known as chicken tenders, chicken goujons, chicken strips or chicken fillets, are chicken meat prepared from the pectoralis minor muscles of the animal. These strips of white meat are located on either side of the breastbone, under the breast meat (pectoralis major).
In the northeastern United States, chicken fingers are often made with an egg batter and have a smooth texture. This particular variety of chicken fingers, in this part of America, are often served in Chinese restaurants as an appetizer or as a main dish.
Elsewhere, the breading mixture for chicken fingers can lack eggs and the texture of the dish itself can often be rather coarse. This version is often served alongside various dipping sauces. The dipping sauces can include: ketchup, blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, honey mustard, Buffalo wing sauce, butter and garlic, plum sauce, curry mayonnaise, or sweet and sour sauce. Chicken fingers of this kind are often served in a basket with French fries, served on a garden salad, or in a sandwich, such as a wrap or on a bun.
Chicken fingers are offered by various fast food chains such as Chick-fil-A, Zaxby's, Raising Cane's, Guthrie's, Dairy Queen, KFC, Spatola Restaurant, McDonald's "Chicken Select Strips" and Church's Chicken "Tender Strips". They are also a common offering on children's menus in American restaurants.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chicken strips.|
- Crispy Chicken Fingers Recipe, Ellie Krieger, Food Network
- Chinese Chicken Fingers. NeoGAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-19.
- Calories In Chinese Chicken Fingers Food. Livestrong.Com. Retrieved on 2012-04-19.
- How can I make Chinese chicken fingers like in the northeast? – Cooking – Stack Exchange. Cooking.stackexchange.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-19.
- Chinese Chicken Fingers | Denver. Yelp. Retrieved on 2012-04-19.
- Messenger, Brian. (2010-12-31) Chinese restaurants ready for year's busiest night » Merrimack Valley » EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA. Eagletribune.com. Retrieved on 2012-04-19.
- intox Gaming. intox Gaming. Retrieved on 2012-04-19.