January 26, 1985 |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||126 lb (57 kg; 9.0 st)|
|Division||Flyweight (125 lb)
Bantamweight (135 lb)
Featherweight (145 lb)
|Reach||66.0 in (168 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts
Camus started his professional career in 2009, fighting mainly for organizations in his home state.
Legends of Fighting Championship
Camus fought in LFC bantamweight tournament for a contract with Tachi Palace Fights. He defeated Daniel Aguirre in the quarterfinals and Alptekin Özkiliç in the semifinals, but did not compete in the finals due to signing with the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Camus faced Yaotzin Meza on January 25, 2014 at UFC on Fox 10. Originally, he won the fight via unanimous decision (30–27, 29–28, 29–28) but the result was overturned after Camus failed a post fight drug test.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Legends of Fighting Championship
- LFC bantamweight tournament finalist (2012)
- Gladiators Cage Fighting
- GCF bantamweight title (one time)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|21 matches||14 wins||6 losses|
|Loss||14–6 (1)||Henry Cejudo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 188||June 13, 2015||3||5:00||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Win||14–5 (1)||Brad Pickett||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Swanson||November 22, 2014||3||5:00||Austin, Texas, United States||Flyweight debut.|
|Loss||13–5 (1)||Chris Holdsworth||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 173||May 24, 2014||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|NC||13–4 (1)||Yaotzin Meza||No Contest (overturned)||UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Thomson||January 25, 2014||3||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States||Originally a unanimous decision win for Camus; Overtuned after he tested positive for marijuana.|
|Win||13–4||Kyung Ho Kang||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 164||August 31, 2013||3||5:00||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Loss||12–4||Dustin Kimura||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC 156||February 2, 2013||3||1:50||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Catchweight (139.5 lbs) bout; Kimura missed weight.|
|Win||12–3||Dustin Pague||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 150||August 11, 2012||3||5:00||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||11–3||Alptekin Özkılıç||Decision (unanimous)||LFC 52: Tachi Tourney Semifinals||April 13, 2012||3||5:00||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States||LFC Bantamweight tournament semi-final.|
|Win||10–3||Daniel Aguirre||Decision (unanimous)||LFC 51: Little Giants||February 10, 2012||3||5:00||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States||LFC Bantamweight tournament quarterfinal.|
|Win||9–3||Eugene Crisler||Decision (unanimous)||Madtown Throwdown 26: The Return||January 7, 2012||3||5:00||Madison Wisconsin, United States|
|Loss||8–3||Rob Menigoz||Decision (split)||Chicago Cagefighting Championship 4||October 15, 2011||3||5:00||Villa Park, Illinois, United States|
|Win||8–2||Nate Williams||KO (punch)||Combat USA: Country USA 1||June 25, 2011||1||1:59||Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States|
|Loss||7–2||Jameel Massouh||Decision (unanimous)||NAFC: Bad Blood||November 24, 2010||3||5:00||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||7–1||Craig Early||Submission (guillotine choke)||Extreme Cagefighting Organization 7||August 21, 2010||2||2:30||Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||6–1||John Hosman||TKO (punches)||NAFC: Unstoppable||June 5, 2010||3||2:51||Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||5–1||Joe Pearson||TKO (punches)||NAFC: Stand Your Ground||April 3, 2010||2||3:57||West Allis, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||4–1||Ken Sitsler||TKO (punches)||GCF: Fair Warning||August 15, 2009||1||3:32||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States||Won the GCF Bantamweight Championship.|
|Win||3–1||Marco Daniels||Submission (rear-naked choke)||GCF: Clash of the Titans||May 16, 2009||2||1:52||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||2–1||Seth Marquez||Decision (unanimous)||GCF: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly||March 14, 2009||3||5:00||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Loss||1–1||Marco Daniels||TKO (punches)||Racine Fight Night 2||February 28, 2009||1||1:43||Racine, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||1–0||Scott Blevins||Submission (punches)||Evolution Fighting Championships 7||February 14, 2009||1||1:15||Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC 188 Velasquez vs. Werdum". UFC.com. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "Fight Card - UFC 173 Barao vs. Dillashaw". UFC.com. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Chris Nelson (January 24, 2012). "Indiana promotion mining for Tachi's next bantamweight prospect". Sherdog.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Brian Hemminger (May 7, 2012). "UFC signs Roufusport bantamweight Chico 'King' Camus". MMAmania.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Steven Marrocco (August 11, 2012). "UFC 150 results: Chico Camus decisions Dustin Pague in UFC debut". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Dann Stupp (February 2, 2013). "UFC 156 results/photos: Dustin Kimura taps Chico Camus in promotional debut". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Ben Fowlkes (August 31, 2013). "UFC 164 results and photos: Chico Camus upsets Kyung Ho Kang for home fans". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- John Morgan (January 25, 2014). "UFC on FOX 10 results, photos: Chico Camus outgrapples Yaotzin Meza for decision win". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved January 28, 2014.
- "Chico Camus vs. Yaotzin Meza - FightMetric LLC :.: The World's First Comprehensive MMA Statistics Provider". fightmetric.com. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "Chico Camus - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- Matt Erickson (2014-04-05). "Chico Camus in for Kyung Ho Kang, meets Chris Holdsworth at UFC 173". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- C.J. Tuttle (2014-09-23). "Flyweights Brad Pickett, Chico Camus booked for UFC Fight Night in Austin". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2014-09-23.
- Alex Schlinsky (2015-04-24). "UFC 188: Henry Cejudo vs. Chico Camus official for June 13 PPV in Mexico". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- Staff (2015-06-13). "Henry Cejudo remains undefeated with decision over Chico Camus". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-06-13.
- "Gladiators Cage Fighting: Fair Warning Official Results". Mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved 2013-09-01.