Chico Independent School District
|Chico Independent School District|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Governing agency||Texas Education Agency|
|Students and staff|
- Chico High School (Grades 9-12)
- Chico Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Chico Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
|Subject||Chico ISD||Region 11||State of Texas|
Average scores of students in Chico typically match local region and state-wide averages on standardized tests. In 2016-2017 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) results, 77% of students in Chico ISD met Approaches Grade Level or Above standards, compared with 77% in Region 11 and 75% in the state of Texas. The average SAT score of the class of 2016 was 1303, and the average ACT score was 19.2.
In the 2016-2017 school year, the school district had a total of 603 students, ranging from early childhood education and pre-kindergarten through grade 12. The class of 2016 included 52 graduates; the annual drop-out rate across grades 9-12 was less than 1%.
As of the 2016-2017 school year, the ethnic distribution of the school district was 68.7% White, 27.5% Hispanic, 0.7% African American, 0.5% American Indian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 0% Asian, and 2.5% from two or more races. Economically disadvantaged students made up 58.4% of the student body, compared with 59.0% for all students in Texas.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Chico Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- "2016-17 Texas Academic Performance Report, CHICO ISD". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.