This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati (called Pujya Swamiji or Pujya Muniji by disciples), is the president and spiritual head of the Parmarth Niketan Ashram, a spiritual institution based in Rishikesh, India. He is also the founder and spiritual head of the Hindu Jain Temple in Pittsburgh.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2016)
He is born on 3rd June 1952.
His biography is called By God's Grace: The Life and Teachings of Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati and was published by Mandala Publishing in 2012.
Humanitarian and environmental work
Chidanand Saraswati is the founder or co-founder of several humanitarian and environmental organizations which serve a number of causes, including: Ganga Action Parivar, to preserve and protect the Ganga river and its tributaries; India Heritage Research Foundation (IHRF), which provides education, health care, youth welfare, and vocational training; Divine Shakti Foundation, which provides education and assistance to widowed and impoverished women and children, as well as the protection of street animals in India such as cows and dogs; the Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA) to provide access to safe drinking water, improved sanitation and proper hygiene; and Project Hope, an umbrella organization that brings together various humanitarian and environmental organizations in times of disaster to provide both emergency relief and long-term rehabilitation. He is also interested in interfaith dialogue and currently sits on the Board of World Religious Leaders for the Elijah Interfaith Institute.
- Swami Chidanand Saraswati Archived 15 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine. Life Positive
- Swami Chidanand Saraswati Omega Institute
- History of the Project, Encyclopedia of Hinduism Mandala Publishing
- Ganga Action Parivar
- Rishikesh-based Ganga Action Parivar offers help to Narendra Modi for clean Ganga DNA India, 25 May 2014
- India Heritage Research Foundation
- About India Heritage Research Foundation Satya Foundation
- Swami Chidananda Saraswati Leads Pilgrimage to Mansarovar Times of Hindu, 4 July 2003
- Divine Shakti Foundation
- "Seers' call to save girl child" Archived 11 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Hindustan Times, Lucknow, 25 January 2013
- Global Interfaith WASH Alliance
- Faith-based organizations form alliance for children's right to safe water and sanitation UNICEF
- <Global Interfaith WASH Alliance Archived 11 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Temple of Understanding
- Project Hope
- Healing Touch in Uttarakhand Archived 11 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Speaking Tree, 12 July 2013
- Relief Material sent for Uttarakhand flood victims by Parmarth Niketan Archived 10 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Top Story, 2 July 2013
- Project Hope and India Heritage Research Foundation Open Orphanage for Tsunami Orphans Hinduism Today, 19 May 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parmarth Niketan.|