Chief Economic Adviser to the Government of India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chief Economic Adviser of Government of India|
Emblem of India
|Residence||North Block, Secretariat Building, New Delhi|
|Appointer||Appointments Committee of the Cabinet|
The Chief Economic Adviser (CEA) is the economic advisor to the Government of India. The CEA is the ex-officio cadre controlling authority of the Indian Economic Service. The CEA is under the direct charge of the Minister of Finance.
List of CEAs
|No||Name||Portrait||Term of office|
|12||Ashok K Lahiri||2002||2007|
|14||Kaushik Basu||Dec 2009||July 2012|
|15||Raghuram Rajan||10 August 2012||4 September 2013|
|16||Arvind Subramanian||16 October 2014||20 June 2018|
|17||Krishnamurthy Subramanian||7 December 2018||Incumbent|
- "Office of the Economic Adviser". Eaindustry.nic.in. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "krishnamurthy-subramanian-as-cea". www.thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian resigns due to personal reasons, will move to US". The Economic Times. 2018-06-20. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "Reuters India on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "ISB professor Krishnamurthy Subramanian appointed as new Chief Economic Adviser". The Indian Express. 2018-12-07. Retrieved 2018-12-07.