Chief content officer
A chief content officer (CCO) is a corporate executive responsible for the digital media creation and multi-channel publication of the organization's content (text, video, audio, animation, etc.)
Like all other chief officers, the Chief Content Officer is responsible for supervision, coordination, planning and operation in its own field of responsibility. This includes:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
- Work closely with company’s Chief Design Officer on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- "The Job Description of Chief Executive Officer, Sample Template". contentmarketinginstitute.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.