Child's Pose (film)
|Directed by||Călin Peter Netzer|
|Produced by||Ada Solomon|
|Written by||Răzvan Rădulescu|
Călin Peter Netzer
Child's Pose (Romanian: Poziția copilului) is a 2013 Romanian drama film directed by Călin Peter Netzer. The film premiered in competition at the 63rd Berlin International Film Festival where it won the Golden Bear. It was screened in the Contemporary World Cinema section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. Luminița Gheorghiu was nominated as the Best Actress at the 26th European Film Awards and the film won the Telia Film Award at the Stockholm International Film Festival 2013. The film was selected as the Romanian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
- Luminița Gheorghiu as Cornelia Keneres, Mother
- Vlad Ivanov as Dinu Laurențiu
- Florin Zamfirescu as Domnul Făgărășanu
- Bogdan Dumitrache as Barbu, Son
- Ilinca Goia as Carmen
- Nataşa Raab as Olga Cerchez
- Adrian Titieni as Father
- Mimi Brănescu as Policeman
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a "certified fresh" approval rating of 91% based on 79 reviews, and an average rating of 7.5/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "It isn't necessarily an easy watch, but thanks to Netzer's interesting direction and a riveting performance from Gheorghiu, Child's Pose is rewarding." On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 77 out of 100, based on 23 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
The film was initially refused financing by the Romanian film board due its controversial depiction of the Hungarian minority in Romania. After an intervention by the Minister of Culture, Hunor Kelemen the ruling of the film board was overruled.
- Romanian New Wave
- List of submissions to the 86th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Romanian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Poziţia copilului (2012) buget". Aarc (in Romanian). All about Romanian cinema. Retrieved 15 September 2019.
- "First Films for the Competition and Berlinale Special". berlinale. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Prizes of the International Jury". berlinale. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "Romanian film Child's Pose wins Golden Bear in Berlin". BBC News. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "Child's Pose". TIFF. Archived from the original on 24 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Toronto Adds 75+ Titles To 2013 Edition". Indiewire. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
-  Archived 19 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine, "Winners of the 24th Stockholm International Film Festival"
- "Best Foreign Language Oscar: Romania Nominates 'Child's Pose'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Child's Pose (2014)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- "Child's Pose Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- Iacob, Bogdan (16 February 2013). "Filmul "Poziţia Copilului"". Realitatea.