Children's Film Foundation
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017)
|Type||Film and television production|
The Children's Film Foundation (CFF) was a non-profit organisation which made films for children in the United Kingdom, typically running for about 55 minutes.
For 30 years, it was subsidised by the Eady Levy - a tax on box office receipts, but this was abolished in 1985. It made a few further films in the mid-1980s, by which time it had been renamed the Children's Film and Television Foundation. Many of its films, dating back to the 1960s, were shown on the BBC in the 1980s, in the Friday Film Special strand. It made no films of its own since the mid-1980s, but it survived under its revised name, and in recent years has provided funding for other projects.
In 2012 The Children's Film and Television Foundation changed its name and broadened its role to become the Children's Media Foundation.
It's archive is now held at the BFI National Archive.
- Bush Christmas (1947)
- The Stolen Plans (1953)
- The Dog and the Diamonds (1953)
- Soapbox Derby (1958)
- The Cat Gang (1958)
- The Salvage Gang (1958)
- The Adventures of Hal 5 (1958)
- Hunted in Holland (1960)
- The Last Rhino (1961)
- Go Kart Go (1963)
- Runaway Railway (1965)
- Cup Fever (1965)
- Calamity the Cow (1967)
- Cry Wolf (1968)
- Mr. Horatio Knibbles (1971)
- The Boy Who Turned Yellow (1972)
- Mauro the Gypsy (1972)
- Hide and Seek (1972)
- Paganini Strikes Again (1973)
- Professor Popper's Problem (1974)
- Robin Hood Junior (1975)
- The Firefighters (1975)
- The Man from Nowhere (1975):with Sarah Hollis Andrews and Ronald Adam
- One Hour to Zero (1976)
- Fern the Red Deer (1976)
- The Battle of Billy's Pond (1976)
- The Glitterball (1977)
- A Hitch in Time (1978)
- Sammy's Super T-Shirt (1978)
- 4-D Special Agent (1981)
- Tightrope to Terror (1982)
- Friend or Foe (1982)
- Gabrielle and the Doodleman (1984)
- Haunters of The Deep (1984)
- Terry on the Fence (1985)
- Out of Darkness (1985)
- Rank Film Library 16 mm Catalogue, 1978, (pp183–193)
- "CFF/CFTF". The Children's Media Foundation. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- Shail, Robert (March 21, 2016). The Children's Film Foundation: History and Legacy. Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 9781844578603 – via Google Books.
- "The Children's Media Foundation Ltd". Companies in the UK. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "The Children's Media Foundation (CMF) | Campaigning for better media experiences for UK kids". www.thechildrensmediafoundation.org.
- The Children's Media Foundation website
- ScreenOnline entry for the CFF
- ScreenOnline entry looking at some of the CFF's work
- TV Cream's nearly complete listing of every CFF film
- The Children's Film Foundation at the BFI