These parties generally consist of gathering of kids' friends and family members. While the guests are expected to bring gifts like toys and clothes for the child, parents offer food and beverages (most commonly cakes) to host the party. The celebrations even include acts by professionals and playhouses for kids where parents spend a hefty amount of money.
Children's birthday parties originated in Germany as kinderfeste.
Businesses that plan or arrange children's parties have become more common during the 2010s.
- Nora Villa (1996), Children in Their Party Dress, ISBN 978-0-89676-202-2
- "Best Birthday Gifts For 11-year-old Girl In 2020 That She'll Love". Gift Ideas Club. Retrieved 2020-09-29.
- Pesce, Nicole Lyn. "You won't believe how much money parents are now spending on their kids' birthday parties". MarketWatch. Retrieved 2020-09-29.
- Gary S. Cross (2004), Encyclopedia of Recreation and Leisure in America, Charles Scribner's Sons, p. 104, ISBN 978-0-684-31266-8
- Kavilanz, P. (2013, May 22). Startup ideas: 8 hot businesses you can start now. CNNMoney. Retrieved from https://money.cnn.com/gallery/smallbusiness/2013/05/22/startup-ideas/6.html