Chile at the 2006 Winter Olympics
|Chile at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin|
|Competitors||9 (5 men, 4 women) in 2 sports|
|Flag bearer||Daniela Anguita (opening)
Marco Zúñiga (closing)
|Olympic history (summary)|
7 of Chile's 9 athletes in Turin participated in alpine skiing, including the country's top finisher, Noelle Barahona, who was 30th in the women's combined. The 15-year-old was more than 35 seconds behind the gold medal winner, and more than 20 behind the next-to-last finisher, but did complete all three runs, something 15 other competitors were unable to do.
|Run 1||Run 2||Run 3||Total||Rank|
|Daniela Anguita||Women's Super-G||Did not finish|
|Noelle Barahona||Women's combined||47.62||56.39||1:42.61||3:26.62||30|
|Macarena Benvenuto||Women's Super-G||n/a||1:41.52||50|
|Mikael Gayme||Men's downhill||n/a||1:55.73||41|
|Maui Gayme||Men's downhill||n/a||1:56.10||42|
|Duncan Grob||Men's Super-G||n/a||1:36.24||44|
|Men's giant slalom||Did not finish|
|Jorge Mandrú||Men's downhill||n/a||1:58.77||49|
Note: In the men's combined, run 1 is the downhill, and runs 2 and 3 are the slalom. In the women's combined, run 1 and 2 are the slalom, and run 3 the downhill.
Zúñiga finished second-to-last in both his events, while Isbej was last in each of hers.
|Verónica Isbej||Women's sprint||33:52.0||4||83|
|Marco Zúñiga||Men's sprint||33:38.1||1||89|
- "Flagbearers for the Opening Ceremony". Retrieved Feb. 22nd, 2009.
- "Flagbearers for the Closing Ceremony". Retrieved Feb. 22nd, 2009.
- Diego Bastarrica (February 19, 2006). "Noelle Barahona: "Mi participación en los Juegos Olímpicos fue increíble"". Cooperativa.cl. Retrieved May 27, 2009.
- "Torino 2006 Official Report - Alpine Skiing". Torino Organizing Committee. LA84 Foundation. March 2009. Retrieved May 27, 2009.
- "Torino 2006 Official Report - Biathlon". Torino Organizing Committee. LA84 Foundation. March 2009. Retrieved May 27, 2009.