Chili Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||37.79 sq mi (97.9 km2)|
|• Land||37.77 sq mi (97.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.08%|
|Elevation||679 ft (207 m)|
|• Density||17.4/sq mi (6.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62313, 62316, 62321, 62367, 62380|
|GNIS feature ID||0428805|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.79 square miles (97.9 km2), of which 37.77 square miles (97.8 km2) (or 99.95%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.08%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Chili at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Bowen, Chili, Forsyth, Old Sixteen and Payne.
Airports and landing strips
- Crossland Landing Strip
- Southeastern Community Unit School District 337
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Chili Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Bear Creek Township||Harmony Township||St. Mary's Township|
|St. Albans Township||Augusta Township|
|Keene Township, Adams County||Houston Township, Adams County||Northeast Township, Adams County|