Chili pepper paste
Chili pepper paste or simply Chilli paste usually refers to a paste where the main ingredient is chili pepper. Some are used as a cooking ingredient, while others are used to season a dish after preparation. In Korean cuisine, red pepper paste is used to create red pepper (gochujang) sauce, which is a common seasoning in the cuisine.
Chili pepper pastes
There are different varieties of chili paste depending from the region and also within the same cuisine.
- Biber salçası – Turkish red pepper paste
- Gochujang – Korean red chili paste
- Harissa – a Tunisian hot chili peppers paste made with spices and herbs
- Jaew bong – a sweet and spicy Laotian chili paste
- Yuzukoshō – a Japanese fermented paste made from chili peppers, yuzu peel, and salt.
- Chili sauce
- Curry paste
- Hot sauce
- List of condiments
- List of hot sauces
- Pepper jelly
- Nam phrik
- Food portal
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chili pepper paste.|
|This food-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|