Chilkur, Suryapet district
Kotta Chilkur Anjaneya Temple
|• Type||Gram Panchayat|
|• Body||Chilkur Gram Panchayat|
|• Sarpanch||Sulthani Venkateswarlu (Communist Party of India)|
|• MLA||N Padmavathi reddy|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Nalgonda|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kodad|
Chilkur (Chilkuru) is a census town in Suryapet district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is the headquarters of Chilkur mandal of Kodad revenue division. It is 50 km away from district headquarters, Suryapet and Lies between Kodad and Huzurnagar.
It is too Hot in summer. Chilkur summer highest day temperature is in between 35 °C to 48 °C . Average temperatures of January is 24 °C, February is 26 °C, March is 29 °C, April is 33 °C, May is 36 °C.
According to Census of India, 2011, population of Chilkur is 18,952 of which 9,578 are male and 9,374 are female. The literacy rate is 85.7%. Sex ratio is 986 females to 1000 males. Child sex ratio is 951 girls to 1000 boys.
Chilkur is Mandal Headquarters falls under Kodad (Assembly constituency) of Telangana Legislative Assembly. N. Padmavati Reddy is the present MLA of the constituency from Indian National Congress.
- "District Census Handbook - Nalgonda" (PDF). Census of India. p. 13,470. Retrieved 21 February 2016.
- Mana Chilkur - A web Portal of Chilkur Village
- 2808_PART_B_DCHB_NALGONDA (PDF). CENSUS INDIA. 2011.
- Election Commission of India. p. 14,29. Retrieved 11 October 2014. (PDF).
- "Telangana State Portal Members of Legislative Assembly". www.telangana.gov.in. Retrieved 2016-06-27.
- "Chilkur Nalgonda". Welcome to ManaChilkur.