|Industry||Video game industry|
|Christian Kluckner, Managing & Development Director
Hendrik Lesser, Managing Director
Andreas Katzig, Technical Director
Alexander Kehr, Creative Director
Christian Dreher, Art Director
Bernhard Falk, Head of Project Management
Number of employees
Chimera Entertainment is a German PC, mobile and video game development company and the biggest studio within the developer family of remote control productions, which hosts Germany’s biggest developer network. As one of Germany´s leading development studio for entertainment software Chimera employs over 35 people in Munich, Germany. The award winning studio developed more than 15 games on five platforms including Angry Birds Epic,John Woo´s Bloodstroke and Warstory – Europe in Flames. Chimera Entertainment worked with partners like Rovio, DeNA, Audi, Bigpoint and Koch Media.
Chimera Entertainment was founded by the Mediadesign University of Applied Science (short MDH) graduates Alexander Kehr and Christian Kluckner together with Hendrik Lesser and his production house remote control productions (short RCP) in Munich, Germany in 2006.
Kehr and Kluckner were among first game design graduates of the Munich-based design academy MDH. Kehr, having developed board and card games since he was six years old, and Kluckner already having four years of experience as a programmer, started working together while still attending the university and created the base for a team of young graduates eager to work within the games industry. The team of remote control productions provided the framework while the company's Managing Director Lesser took over a part of the management of Chimera Entertainment.
In May 2007 Chimera Entertainment received the LARA Start Up Award from the Bavarian Secretary of Commerce. The first project of Chimera Entertainment was Windchaser (PC), a real time tactical role-playing game set in Ensai, an original fantasy world created by Kehr himself.
June 2009 saw the release of Train your Brain with Dr. Kawashima, created in cooperation with BBG Entertainment. This brain training application for PC and Mac is based on the studies of Japanese Neuroscientist Ryuta Kawashima. In cooperation with Bigpoint Games Chimera Entertainment released Warstory - Europe in Flames, a Microsoft Silverlight Browsergame featuring real time battles set in World War II.
In the following years Chimera released several other games on various platforms with Angry Birds Epic (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) being the latest game made by Chimera Entertainment in cooperation with Rovio.
Chimera's debut title called Windchaser (PC) was published in May 2008, followed by several commissioned projects including Train Your Brain With Dr. Kawashima (PC, Mac), memory HD, Demolition Dash and Happy Hills (all iOS). In 2010, Chimera Entertainment launched its first MMO browsergame Warstory – Europe in Flames in cooperation with Bigpoint. In 2012 Chimera Entertainment released in collaboration with different publishing partners the MMO browser games Skylancer: Battle for Horizon and Mission: Genesis and Word Wonders, Sara’s Cooking Class and Towers & Dungeons on mobile platforms. The latest game developed by Chimera in cooperation with Rovio is Angry Birds Epic (iOS, Android, Windows Phone).
|2008||Wind Chaser||Windows||Strategy RPG|
|2009||Train your Brain with Dr.Kawashima||Windows, Mac||Puzzler|
|2010||Warstory - Europe in Flames||Browser||Strategy MMO|
|2012||Happy Hills||iOS, Android||Physics Puzzler|
|2012||Towers & Dungeons||iOS||Towerbuilder|
|2012||Sara's Cooking Class||iOS||Cooking App|
|2012||Word Wonders||iOS, Windows||Word Puzzle|
|2012||Mission: Genesis||Browser||Strategy MMO|
|2013||Happy Hills 2||iOS||Physics Puzzler|
|2014||John Woo's Bloodstroke||iOS, Android||Action|
|2014||Angry Birds Epic||iOS, Windows Phone, Android||RPG|
|2017||Angry Birds Evolution||iOS, Android||RPG|
- LARA Startup Award 2007 from the Bavarian Ministry of Economics 
- German Game Developer Awards 2008, Winner Sponsorship Prize
- German Game Developer Awards 2011, Winner Best Mobile Game of the Year (Game: Demolition Dash)
- German Computergames Award 2013, Winner Best Mobile Game (Game: Word Wonders)
- Viktor Pulz (2014-06-13). "Angry Birds Epic wurde von Chimera Entertainment entwickelt". Newsslash. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Bloodstroke". Chimera Entertainment, Homepage. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Warstory - Europe in Flames". Chimera Entertainment, Homepage. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Preisträger 2007". LARA Award, Homepage (in German). Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Die Liste der Sieger 2008". German Game Developer Awards, Homepage (in German). 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Die Liste der Sieger 2011". German Game Developer Awards, Homepage (in German). 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Preisträger 2013". German Computergames Awards, Homepage (in German). Retrieved 2014-06-13.