China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation
|China Aerospace Machinery and Electronics Corporation|
|State owned company|
|Industry||Aerospace, Defence, Automotive, Electronics, Telecommunications, IT|
|Predecessor||China Aerospace Corporation|
|Founded||July 1, 1999|
|Headquarters||Haidian District, Beijing, China|
|Gao Hongwei (Chairman)
Li Yue (President)
|Products||Satellite communication, Missiles, Radars, Special vehicles, Engines|
Number of employees
|China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation|
The China Aerospace Science & Industry Corporation (CASIC) is the main contractor for the Chinese space program. It is state-owned and has a number of subordinate entities which design, develop and manufacture a range of spacecraft, launch vehicles, strategic and tactical missile systems, and ground equipment.
First established as the 5th Academy of the Ministry of Defense in October 1956, it went through numerous name changes including the Ministry of the 7th Machinery Industry, the Ministry of Aerospace Industry, the Ministry of Aviation and Aerospace Industry, China Aerospace Corporation, China Aerospace Machinery and Electronics Corporation in July 1999, and finally the present name China Aerospace Science & Industry Corporation in July 2001. CASIC owns seven academies, two scientific research and development bases, six public listed companies, and over 620 other companies and institutes scattered nationwide, with more than 135,000 employees.
CASIC is the biggest missile weapon system developing and manufacturing enterprise in China. It possesses a complete capability for developing, researching and manufacturing air defense missile systems, cruise missile systems, solid propellent rockets, space technological products and other technologies with products covering various fields of land, sea, air, and electromagnetic spectrum. CASIC has successively provided dozens of advanced missile equipment systems for the various nations, and it also has made outstanding contributions to Chinese manned space flight, lunar exploration and other key Chinese national projects. In 2012 (fiscal year), the total assets of CASIC is CNY 159.6 billion ¥, sales is CNY 134 billion ¥, and profit is CNY8.92 billion ¥.
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation
- Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC)
- People's Liberation Army Air Force
- Commission of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense
- China Northern Industries
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation
- China State Shipbuilding Corporation
- China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation. "Introduction of CASIC". Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- (in Chinese) 中国航天科工集团公司 (China Aerospace Science & Industry Corporation). "集团简介 (Group Profile)". Archived from the original on 17 September 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- Phillip Keane (20 September 2016). "ExPace, China’s Very Own SpaceX". Asian Scientist Magazine.
- "China Plans First Commercial Rocket-Launch Company, Xinhua Says". Bloomberg News. 15 March 2016.
- "Kuai Zhou (Fast Vessel)". China Space Report. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "About us" (in Chinese). Yingda Asset Management. Retrieved 18 January 2017.