China Brain Project
|China Brain Project|
|Type of project||Scientific Research|
|Owner||Chinese Academy of Sciences|
The China Brain Project is a 15-year project, approved by the Chinese National People's Congress in March 2016 as part of the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016–2020); it is one of four pilot programs of the Innovation of Science and Technology Forward 2030 program, targeted at research into the neural basis of cognitive function. Additional goals include improving diagnosis and prevention of brain diseases and driving information technology and artificial intelligence projects that are inspired by the brain. The China Brain Project prioritizes brain-inspired AI over other approaches. The Project is addressing legal, ethical, and social issues related to brain emulation (neuroethics) according to international standards and Chinese values. The Project is supported by the Chinese Academy of Sciences' (CAS) Centre for Excellence in Brain Science and Intelligence, a consortium of laboratories at over twenty CAS institutes and universities, and the Chinese Institute for Brain Research, launched in March 2018.
- "Primate labs give us an edge, says China's brain project chief". newscientist.com.
- Qiu, Jane (2016-12-01). "Research and development of artificial intelligence in China". National Science Review. 3 (4): 538–541. doi:10.1093/nsr/nww076. ISSN 2095-5138.
- "China Brain Project to Launch Soon, Aiming to Develop Effective Tools for Early Diagnosis of Brain Diseases---Chinese Academy of Sciences". english.cas.cn. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- Poo, Mu-ming; Du, Jiu-lin; Ip, Nancy Y.; Xiong, Zhi-Qi; Xu, Bo; Tan, Tieniu (2016). "China Brain Project: Basic Neuroscience, Brain Diseases, and Brain-Inspired Computing". Neuron. 92 (3): 591–596. doi:10.1016/j.neuron.2016.10.050. ISSN 0896-6273. PMID 27809999.
- Poo, Mu-ming (2018-10-25). "Towards brain-inspired artificial intelligence". National Science Review. 5 (6): 785. doi:10.1093/nsr/nwy120. ISSN 2095-5138.
- Wang, Yi; Yin, Jie; Wang, Guoyu; Li, Pingping; Bi, Guoqiang; Li, Suning; Xia, Xiaohuan; Song, Jianren; Pei, Gang; Zheng, Jialin C. (2019). "Responsibility and Sustainability in Brain Science, Technology, and Neuroethics in China—a Culture-Oriented Perspective". Neuron. 101 (3): 375–379. doi:10.1016/j.neuron.2019.01.023. ISSN 0896-6273. PMID 30731061.
- Cyranoski, David (2018). "Beijing launches pioneering brain-science centre". Nature. 556 (7700): 157–158. Bibcode:2018Natur.556..157C. doi:10.1038/d41586-018-04122-3. ISSN 0028-0836. PMID 29636570.
|This neuroscience article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|