China Electronics Corporation
China Electronics Corporation (CEC) is one of the largest producers of telecom equipment in China. CEC has four main semiconductor divisions: computer software/hardware & system integration, telecommunication network & terminals and digital home appliances.
Acquisition of Philips mobile
CEC acquired the mobile phone division of Philips in 2007. At the time, the Philips division had an annual revenue of 400 million euros and 240 employees. CEC received the right to sell mobile phones under Philips license.
Philips already moved its mobile phones production in China in 2001, when the production, research and development of mobile phones was taken by a joint-venture of Philips and China Electronics Corporation.
CEC in Romania
- Chinezii care deţin divizia de mobile a Philips: 60% din telefoanele vândute în acest an în România vor fi smart, 12 November 2014, Ziarul financiar, retrieved at 12 November 2014
- Smartphone-ul minune creat de chinezi, dar care poartă numele unui gigant european, 26 July 2013, Bogdan Biszok, Capital, retrieved at 12 November 2014
- Vânzările de telefoane mobile Philips în România: 10.000 de unități în 6 luni, 11 May 2014, Ziarul financiar, retrieved at 12 November 2014
- Philips se retrage din productia de telefoane mobile, 12 October 2006, Ziarul financiar, retrieved at 12 November 2014
- Philips cierra su fábrica de teléfonos móviles y lleva la producción a China, 27 June 2001, Inés Abril, Cincodias.com, retrieved at 12 November 2014
- România, prima țară din UE în care chinezii care au preluat Philips aduc telefoane mobile, 12 December 2013, Ziarul financiar, retrieved at 12 November 2014
- www.cec.com.cn - Official web site
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|