China Geological Survey
The China Geological Survey (CGS) (Chinese: 中国地质调查局) is a government-owned, not-for-profit, Chinese organization researching China's mineral resources. It is the largest Geoscience agency in China since being reinstated in 1999.
The China Geological Survey originated in the early days of the Republic of China (when it had control over mainland China). Many prominent geologists and paleontologists worked with the Survey in the early days, such as Davidson Black. It was disbanded after the People's Republic of China gained control over mainland China and reinstated in 1999.
- Cenozoic Research Laboratory
- Geology of China
- Geological Museum of China
- China University of Geosciences
- List of geoscience organizations
- Andersson, J. G. (1921-01-01). "The National Geological Survey of China". Geografiska Annaler. 3: 305–310. doi:10.2307/519444.
|This article about an organization in China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|