China Investment Promotion Agency
China Investment Promotion Agency (CIPA, Chinese: 商务部投资促进事务局) is the investment promotion agency of PR China. It is in charge of "Inviting in" (FDI in China) and "Going global" (outbound investment) two-way investment promotion work in line with China's economic strategies and is engaged in cooperation with international economic organizations, foreign investment promotion agencies, chambers of commerce and business associations on behalf of the Ministry of Commerce.
CIPA is part of the Ministry of Commerce of the PRC.
- Organizing and implementing the foreign investment promotion strategy;
- Guiding and involving in the Federation of Investment Promotion Agencies of China;
- Guiding the work of investment promotion agencies of different areas.
- Attending the conferences of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) on behalf of the Ministry of Commerce;
- Engaging in cooperation and communications with the relevant international economic organizations, foreign investment promotion agencies, chambers of commerce and business associations;
- Organizing and implementing activities of bilateral and multilateral investment promotion agencies.
- Implementing the annual investment promotion programs of Ministry of Commerce;
- Carrying out the detailed organizing work for China International Fair of Investment & Trade hosted by Ministry of Commerce;
- Carrying out topic research related to investment;
- Editing and printing publicized materials and relevant investment promotion publications;
- Being in charge of the daily operation of the website of "Invest in China";
- Offering relevant investment information for domestic and international enterprises;
- Accepting and handling complaints from foreign investment enterprises of trans-provinces, trans-cities, trans-regions and trans-industries.
- Planning and organizing large investment promotion activities at home and abroad, organizing relevant investment activities such as training, forum, conference and exhibition;
- Operating website of "Invest in China", and implementing net connection with investment promotion agencies both at home and abroad, finance bodies and commerce bodies;
- Carrying out business cooperation for commercialization and specialization of investment promotion;
- Dealing with consultation, information service, market investigation, credit investigation related to investment activities and planning services on investment promotion;
- Assisting foreign investment enterprises for relevant legal procedures.
- General Office of China International Fair for Investment and Trade (CIFIT)
- Investment Promotion Planning and Service Center
- Foreign Investment Cooperation Department
- Training Department
- Special Projects Development Department
- Liaison Department
- Information Consulting Department
- Conferences and Fairs Department
- Business Development Department
- Survey and Research Department
- Financial Department
- Administrative Department
- Anhui Provincial Foreign Investment Promotion Center (AIPC)
- Beijing International Investment Promotion Council
- Xiamen International Investment Promotion Center
- Chongqing Promotion and Service Center for Foreign Investment
- Dongguan Foreign Investment Promotion Center
- Fujian Foreign Investment Service Center
- Guangzhou Municipal Board for International Investment
- Harbin Economic Cooperation and Promotion Bureau
- Jilin Provincial Foreign Investment Information Network
- Liaoning International Investment Promotion Center
- Ningbo Foreign Investment Promotion Center
- Shanghai Foreign Investment Development Board (FID)
- Shanghai Foreign Investment Service Center
- Shenzhen Municipal Foreign Investment Bureau
- Steve Wang, Lin Wanxia (19 November). "Hunger for foreign know-how propels surge in Chinese ODI". www.atimes.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016. Check date values in: