China Law Blog
China Law Blog is a daily weblog, or blog, of news, analysis and opinion concerning China that began publishing on January 10, 2006. The blog’s focus is primarily law and business in China, but its topics range from China’s developing legal system to its society, culture and current events. According to Avvo, it is the third most read English language law blog. Blog Rank labels it the fifth most influential law blog.
In January 2011, the blog claimed it had a monthly audience of more than 100,000 unique visitors spread across some 70 countries. It was chosen as one of the top 100 law blogs (blawgs) by the ABA Journal (journal of the American Bar Association) in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. It also was voted best China Business/Law Blog in a contest sponsored by Chinalyst and Business Week named it as its blog of the week.
China Law Blog is written by Dan Harris and Steve Dickinson. Harris is a founding member of the Seattle-based international law firm of Harris & Moure. Dickinson is also a member of Harris & Moure. He is based in Qingdao, China. Harris and Dickinson have been quoted in the New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor, Forbes magazine, The Seattle Times, The National Law Journal, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The International Herald Tribune, Fortune magazine, and the Wall Street Journal. Dickinson also regularly appears on National Public Radio and China Central Television regarding Chinese legal matters and Harris appears on television (CBC, Fox News and CNBC) regarding international law matters.
- China Law Blog website
- Blog Rank
- ABA Journal Blawg 100 2007
- ABA Journal Blawg 100 2008
- ABA Journal Blawg 100 2009
- ABA Journal Blawg 100 2010
- China Blog Awards: Best China Blogs winners
- "China, Courtside". Bloomberg Business Week.
- Barboza, David; Kanter, James (June 13, 2007). "A Chinese Company Fights Its French Partner". The New York Times.
- "Key issue for China's new labor law: enforcement". The Christian Science Monitor.
- "Chinese exporters seek to shed taint". The Christian Science Monitor.
- "China Moves To Slow Exports". Forbes. July 17, 2007.
- "New China antitrust laws". The Seattle Times.
- "Faulty Chinese Goods May Import Lawsuits". The National Law Journal.
- "After Silence, China Mounts Product Safety PR Offensive". The Washington Post. July 14, 2007.
- "Importing illness". The Washington Times.
- "Brawl threatens huge investment by Danone in China". The International Herald Tribune.
- Ryder, Katherine (February 25, 2011). "Lights, camera, action: Hollywood goes to China". Fortune.
- Harris, Dan (August 18, 2010). "Chinese Companies Court Disaster". The Wall Street Journal.
- "More security for Chinese laborers". American Public Media.
- "Is China ready for inheritance tax?". CCTV International.