China National Heavy Duty Truck Group
|Industry||Truck manufacturing and sales|
|Ma Chunji (Chairman)|
|Owner||Chinese Central Government|
|Subsidiaries||Sinotruk (Hong Kong) (51%)|
China National Heavy Duty Truck Group Co., Ltd., CNHTC or Sinotruk Group is a Chinese state-owned truck manufacturer headquartered in Jinan, Shandong province. It is currently the third largest truck manufacturer in Mainland China. It is known for developing and manufacturing China's first heavy duty truck - "Huanghe" (黄河, lit. Yellow River) JN150.
CNHTC was founded in 1935 by Kuomintang Government of the Republic of China era on the basis of Jinan Automobile Works. It started developing heavy-duty trucks in 1956, with its first truck modeled after Skoda 706RT. In 1984, Jinan Automobile Works began to produce Steyr 91 with technology imported from Steyr-Daimler-Puch. Since the reform and restructure in 2001, the company has got rid of the operating losses for previous years.
Most of the group assets was now listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong in 2007, as a Hong Kong-incorporated company, Sinotruk (Hong Kong). Another subsidiary (subsidiary of Sinotruk (Hong Kong)), Sinotruk Jinan Truck (SZSE:000951), was listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
Sinotruk sells trucks in various South American countries. They came to Brazil in response to a group of businessmen with experience in the transportation industry. Sinotruk has sold 2,000 vehicles thus far. Sinotruk began building their first plant outside China in 2013 with an initial investment of more than 300 million dollars. Its location will be in Lages, Brazil.
- "Introduction CNHTC." China National Heavy Duty Truck Group. Retrieved on July 8, 2010. "The headquarters of China National Heavy Duty Truck Group Co., Ltd. (CNHTC) is located in Jinan city, Shandong Province, P. R. China."
- "Profile of China National Heavy Duty Truck Group Company Limited". Archived from the original on 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "About Us". 25 March 2015.
- https://www.pressreader.com/philippines/the-philippine-star/20170923/281595240715668[bare URL]
- 种昂 (29 September 2019). 山东重工控股中国重汽集团 开创先整合后重组模式 [Shandong Heavy Industry controls China National Heavy Truck Corporation, creating an integration model before the reorganization]. The Economic Observer (in Chinese (China)). Retrieved 2 January 2020.