China Pavilion at Epcot
Paifang gate to China in front of the temple and stores
|Opening date||October 1, 1982|
|Attraction type||Themed Pavilion|
|Theme||Ancient Chinese city|
The China Pavilion is a Chinese-themed pavilion that is part of the World Showcase within Epcot at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, United States. Its location is between the Norwegian and German pavilions.
Visitors enter the China Pavilion through a large Chinese gate. The courtyard is dominated by a replica of the Temple of Heaven, which contains the entrance to "Reflections of China", a Circle-Vision 360° movie exploring China's history and scenery, as well as a museum containing several ancient Chinese artifacts. The courtyard is bordered by shops selling Chinese merchandise, and two Chinese restaurants. The pavilion is decorated with ponds, crossed by bridges. Chinese acrobats also perform frequently in the pavilion.
Attractions and services
- Reflections of China (May 22, 2003 - present)
- DuckTales World Showcase Adventure
- Wondrous China
- Wonders of China (October 1, 1982 - March 25, 2003)
- Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure (January 28, 2009 - May 18, 2012)
- Agent P World Showcase Adventure (June 23, 2012 - February 17, 2020)
- Good Fortune Gifts, sells a variety of items including parasols, puppets, and toys.
- House of Good Fortune, sells items such as housewares, tea sets, wall prints, silk robes, and porcelain goods.
- Nine Dragons Restaurant, a full-service gourmet Chinese restaurant featuring traditional Chinese cuisine with a twist.
- Lotus Blossom Cafe, a counter-service restaurant that serves well-known American-Chinese dishes.
- Dragon Legend Acrobats, a team of young acrobats who perform feats in the outdoor courtyard.
Character Meet & Greets
- China in Epcot. All Ears. Accessed March 31, 2012.
- "360 Degrees of China". Today at Disney. May 22, 2016. Archived from the original on October 11, 2016. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- China - Epcot World Showcase. WDW Info. Accessed March 31, 2012.
- B, Erin (July 16, 2013). "Epcot World Showcase Best Kept Secrets – China". Chip & Company. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to China, Epcot.|