|Founder||Government of China|
|Headquarters||No. A3 Jinrong Street,|
|Ma Junsheng, Director-General As of 31 October 2008[update]|
|Services||Letter post, parcel service, EMS, delivery, freight forwarding, third-party logistics, deposit accounts|
|Revenue||US$ 28.093 billion (2011)|
|US$ 1.306 billion (2011)|
|Owner||People's Republic of China|
Number of employees
|Parent||State Council via the Ministry of Finance|
|China Post Group Corporation|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Literal meaning||China Post|
China Post, full name China Post Group Corporation, is the state-owned enterprise operating the official postal service of China, which provides the service in mainland China, excluding its special administrative regions, Hong Kong and Macau, which have their own postal service independent to the mainland's. The Corporation officially shares its office with the sub-ministry-level government agency State Post Bureau which regulates the national postal industry theoretically including the Corporation.
The Customs Post Office of the Qing Empire was established in 1878 by Robert Hart at the suggestion of the foreign powers, with branch offices in five major trading cities. On 20 March 1896, the Customs Post Office became the Great Qing Post, which in 1911 became independent of the customs service. The Great Qing Post became the Chunghwa Post in 1912. Chunghwa postal service had signed a contract with the China Airways Federal group in 1929 to transport airmail on the Shanghai-Hankow, Nanjing-Beijing, and Hankow-Guangzhou routes. Chunghwa Post had functioned as the main postal service provider of Mainland China until 1949.
The current postal service of People's Republic of China was established in 1949. It replaced the Chunghwa Post in mainland China in 1949, as well as in the Universal Postal Union in 1972. It was formerly administered by the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications. China Post is directly supervised by the State Post Bureau of the PRC which has overall responsibility for regulating postal service in China. The State Post Bureau is an agency reporting to the Ministry of Information Industry of the People's Republic of China.
China Post is organized along the following organizational structure.
|1||General Office||Responsible for the new postal research strategies and policies, coordination, media and publicity, feedback, complaints and safety and security issues.|
|2||Department of Postal Sector Management||Responsible for the regulation of postal market and the formulation of postal laws and regulations.|
|3||Department of Postage Stamps||Responsible for the issue of postage vouchers and philatelic services.|
|4||Department of Planning and Finance||Responsible for the finance, state-owned assets and the development of postal technologies.|
|5||Department of Public Service||Responsible for postal service quality.|
|6||Department of Post Routes Operation||Responsible for the construction and operation of post routes and logistic issues.|
|7||Department of International Cooperation||Responsible for the management of international postal affairs and services.|
|8||Department of Personnel and Education||Responsible for the personnel, income payment and human resources education in the postal sector.|
- Post bureaus at provincial, autonomous region and municipality level (31)
- Post bureaus in provincial capitals and other big cities
- Post bureaus at county level
China Post Service
International services for China Post include Small Parcel, Large Package and EMS. The Small parcel and large package of China Post can be tracked if registered. According to transportation methods, it can be divided into three categories: Air Parcel, Surface Air Lift (SAL) Parcel, and Surface Parcel. China Post air mail/parcel is the mostly used one which is cheap and convenient. EMS is faster than China Post Mail but more expensive.
- Postal offices and branches: 82,116
- Mail processing centers: 236
- First and second class truck route: 3.1 million kilometers
- Transportation vehicles: 39,000
- Aircraft: 5
- Railway carriages: 73
- Letter sorting machines: 155
- Automatic parcel sorting machines: 209
- Computerized postal offices: 20,000
Customer Service Hotline
- Postal Business: 8610 11185
- Postal Savings: 8610 95580
- Logistics and EMS: 8610 11183
- China Post Life: 8610 400890
- State Post Bureau
- Hongkong Post
- CTT (Macau)
- Chunghwa Post
- Chinese postal romanization
- China Postal Savings Bank
- China Postal Airlines
- "Local Postal Administrations and Their Main Functions". State Post Bureau. October 31, 2008. Archived from the original on September 4, 2009. Retrieved September 6, 2009.
- "Top Officials of the State Post Bureau". State Post Bureau. October 31, 2008. Archived from the original on February 20, 2012. Retrieved September 6, 2009.
- "Robert Hart: a man of two worlds". www.sacu.org. Archived from the original on 2015-08-12. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "CNAC History".
- "Stinson Detroiter - Gregory Crouch".
- "State Post Bureau". PRC Government Website. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved September 2, 2007.
- "China Post Service". chinapostaltracking.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to China Post.|
- China Post (in Chinese)
- China Post (in English)
- China Post international parcel tracking (in Chinese)
- China Postal Express & Logistics Company (in English)
- PRC State Post Bureau, China Post (in Chinese)
- Message from the Director General
- Provide Feedback to the Secretary Director Ma Junshang (in Chinese)
- Imperial China postal history
- China Post Tracking & Infoportal for Germany (in German)