|Founder||State Post Bureau of the People's Republic of China|
|Headquarters||Jia8, Beilishi Road,
|Ma Junsheng, Director-General As of 31 October 2008[update]|
|Services||Letter post, parcel service, EMS, delivery, freight forwarding, third-party logistics, deposit accounts|
|Revenue||US$ 28.093 billion (2011)|
|US$ 1.306 billion (2011)|
|Owner||Government of China|
Number of employees
China Post is the official postal service of China. The State Post Bureau of the People's Republic of China, the owner of China Post, is both a regulatory authority and government-owned enterprise. Thus, it is responsible for the regulation of the national postal industry and the management of national postal enterprises.
The postal service in China can be dated back to the Shang Dynasty. The Customs Post Office of the Qing Empire was established in 1878 by Robert Hart at the suggestion of the foreign powers, with branch offices in five major trading cities. On 20 March 1896, the Customs Post Office became the Great Qing Post, which in 1911 became independent of the customs service. The Great Qing Post became the Chunghwa Post in 1912. Chunghwa postal service had signed a contract with the China Airways Federal group in 1929 to transport airmail on the Shanghai-Hankow, Nanjing-Beijing, and Hankow-Guangzhou routes. Chunghwa Post had functioned as the main postal service provider of Mainland China until 1949.
The current postal service of People's Republic of China was established in 1949. It replaced the Chunghwa Post in mainland China in 1949, as well as in the Universal Postal Union in 1972. It was formerly administered by the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications. China Post is directly supervised by the State Post Bureau of the PRC which has overall responsibility for regulating postal service in China. The State Post Bureau is an agency reporting to the Ministry of Information Industry of the People's Republic of China.
China Post is organized along the following organizational structure.
|1.||General Office||Responsible for the new postal research strategies and policies, coordination, media and publicity, feedback, complaints and safety and security issues.|
|2.||Department of Postal Sector Management||Responsible for the regulation of postal market and the formulation of postal laws and regulations.|
|3.||Department of Postage Stamps||Responsible for the issue of postage vouchers and philatelic services.|
|4.||Department of Planning and Finance||Responsible for the finance, state-owned assets and the development of postal technologies.|
|5.||Department of Public Service||Responsible for postal service quality.|
|6.||Department of Post Routes Operation||Responsible for the construction and operation of post routes and logistic issues.|
|7.||Department of International Cooperation||Responsible for the management of international postal affairs and services.|
|8.||Department of Personnel and Education:||Responsible for the personnel, income payment and human resources education in the postal sector.
Post bureaus at provincial, autonomous region and municipality level (31)
Post bureaus in provincial capitals and other big cities
Post bureaus at county level
- Postal offices and branches: 82,116
- Mail processing centers: 236
- First and second class truck route: 3.1 million kilometers
- Transportation vehicles: 39,000
- Aircraft: 5
- Railway carriages: 73
- Letter sorting machines: 155
- Automatic parcel sorting machines: 209
- Computerized postal offices: 20,000
- State Post Bureau
- Hongkong Post
- CTT (Macau)
- Chunghwa Post
- Chinese postal romanization
- China Postal Savings Bank
- "Local Postal Administrations and Their Main Functions". State Post Bureau. October 31, 2008.
- "Top Officials of the State Post Bureau". State Post Bureau. October 31, 2008.
- "Robert Hart: a man of two worlds". www.sacu.org. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "State Post Bureau". PRC Government Website. Retrieved September 2, 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Post of China.|
- China Post (Chinese)
- China Post
- China Post Rate
- China Post Tracking Tool
- China Postal Express & Logistics Company
- PRC State Post Bureau, China Post (simplified Chinese)
- Message from the Director General
- Provide Feedback to the Secretary Director Ma Junshang (Chinese)
- Imperial China postal history
- Ad-Driven China Post EMS Package Tracking Tool (Has Google Maps)
- ePacket shipping from China