China Railway Engineering Corporation
|General Bureau of Capital Construction of the Ministry of Railways|
|Worldwide (via subsidiaries)|
|Chairman: Li Changjin|
|Owner||State Council of China (100%)|
|Subsidiaries||China Railway Group Limited (54%)|
|China Railway Engineering Corporation|
The China Railway Engineering Corporation (CRECG) is a state-owned holding company of China, which is under the supervision of the State Council. The company is the major shareholder of China Railway Group Limited (CREC), its subsidiary.
The history of the company could be traced back to 1950 which two bureaus of the Ministry of Railways were formed (Chinese: 工程总局; literally: 'construction bureau' and Chinese: 设计总局; literally: 'design bureau'). In 1958, the design bureau and the construction bureau were merged to form the General Bureau of Capital Construction of the Ministry of Railways (Chinese: 铁道部基本建设总局). From 1950 to 1990, the General Bureau was a government agency for many railway construction as well as highway bridge. A subsidiary of the General Bureau, The Major Bridge Engineering Bureau, now China Railway Major Bridge Engineering Group was said to construct over 1,000 bridges from 1953 to 2009.
In 1989, the Ministry of Railways decided to form China Railway Engineering Corporation (Chinese: 中国铁路工程总公司; CRECG) as well as fellow competitor China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCCG) as subsidiaries. CRECG was formally registered on 7 March 1990. In 2000, they were transferred from the ministry to "Central Large Enterprise Work Commission" of the Communist Party of China. In 2003, they were under supervision of State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC), a commission of the State Council. Since then, they became competitors despite both being state-owned.
Numbers of former subsidiary of CRECG were now belongs to CRCCG, such as China Railway First Survey and Design Institute Group.
In 2007, a limited company was incorporated (China Railway Group Limited), CRECG transferred most of their assets to the subsidiary. In 2008, the subsidiary became a publicly traded company which floats in Shanghai and Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Jordan China Railway Engineering Corporation with Ministry of Transport of Jordan constructed the Amman Metro.
- 公司简介 [About us] (in Chinese). China Railway Group Limited. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- 中铁大桥局，引领中国桥梁事业发展. People's Daily (overseas edition) (in Chinese). 22 September 2009. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "History, Reorganization and Corporate Structure" (PDF). Global Offering (Prospectus). Translated by anonymous. China Railway Group Limited. 22 November 2007. Retrieved 18 February 2019 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- 企业机构变迁沿革 (in Chinese). China Railway First Survey and Design Institute Group. 12 June 2008. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Relationship with CRECG" (PDF). Global Offering (Prospectus). Translated by anonymous. China Railway Group Limited. 22 November 2007. Retrieved 18 February 2019 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- "Amman suitable for metro project — field study". Jordan Times. 9 September 2017. Retrieved 15 June 2019.