China Railways CRH6
|China Railways CRH6 EMU|
CRH6F-4503 at China National Railway Test Center
|Manufacturer||CSR Nanjing Puzhen|
|Built at||CSR Guangdong Jiangmen Rail Transit Vehicles|
|Number built||24 trainsets (192 cars)|
|Formation||8 cars per trainset (4M4T)|
|Capacity||High-speed version: 586 seating / 1506 max
Quasi High-speed version: 1545 standard / 2110 max
|Operator(s)||Chinese Ministry of Railways|
|Line(s) served||Guangzhu ICR, Suiguanshen ICR, Guanhui ICR, Guangfo Link, Tan ICR, Foguan ICR|
|Train length||199.5 m (655 ft)|
|Width||3,300 mm (10 ft 10 in)|
|Height||3,860 mm (12 ft 8 in)|
|Platform height||1,130 mm (3 ft 8 in)|
|Maximum speed||High-speed version: 200 km/h (124 mph)
Quasi High-speed version: 180 km/h (112 mph)
|Traction system||IGBT VVVF inverter control
(Zhuzhou CSR Times Electric)
|Power supply||Overhead catenary|
|Electric system(s)||25 kV 50 Hz AC|
|Braking system(s)||Regenerative, electronically controlled pneumatic brakes|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
The China Railways CRH6 is a new generation of regional/commuter high-speed train of the People's Republic of China (Siemens technology). It is designed by CSR Qingdao Sifang Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co., Ltd. and will be manufactured by CSR Nanjing Puzhen Rolling Stock Co. Ltd at its subsidiary, the CSR Guangdong Jiangmen Factory.
The CRH6 will be divided into three major types, according to stopping patterns:
- CRH6A with a designed top speed 250 km/h (155 mph), top operating speed 220 km/h (137 mph) to be used on regional non-stop or express services. It uses a 2+2 transverse seating layout using reversible seats that have a similar level of comfort and space to that of intercity trains. Some cars on the train will have toilets on board.
- CRH6F with a designed top speed 180 km/h (112 mph), operating speed 160 km/h (99 mph) to be used on express commuter services. It uses a 2+2 transverse seating layout with non-reverable seats that have a similar level of comfort and space to that of a suburban train. There is also no toilet on board the train.
- CRH6S with a designed top speed 140 km/h (87 mph), to be used on local commuter services. It will feature longitudinal seating arrangements similar to that of subway trains with more and larger doors for faster boarding and alighting. No models exist in revenue service but it is expected that the under construction Wenzhou Urban Railway and Suiguanshen ICR will use them.
On December 29, 2009, the MOR Ordered 22 sets of 160 km/h (99 mph) class and 10 sets of 200 km/h (124 mph) class 6-car Intercity High Speed train from CSR Puzhen, the contract worth 2346 million RMB, and now the order has been transformed into 24 sets of CRH6 and will be delivered by the end of 2012.
- China Railways CRH1
- China Railways CRH2
- China Railways CRH3
- China Railways CRH5
- China Railways CRH380A
- China Railways CIT Trains
- "中国南车获国内首个城际列车项目订单". 凤凰网财经. 2009-12-19. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- 中国南车获国内首个城际列车项目订单 总值23.46亿人民币
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to China Railways CRH6.|