China TV Golden Eagle Award
This article needs attention from an expert in China.(December 2011)
|China TV Golden Eagle Award|
Golden Eagle Award
|Awarded for||Excellence in Television|
|Presented by||China Television Artists Association|
The China TV Golden Eagle Award (Chinese: 中国电视金鹰奖), commonly known in China as the Golden Eagle Awards, is one of three main national award ceremonies recognising excellence in the Chinese television industry. The award is presented by the China Television Artists Association. It is considered to be one of the most prestigious television awards, alongside the Feitian Awards and Magnolia Awards. The Golden Eagle Awards are a biennial awards ceremony, held on alternate years with the Feitian Awards since 2005.
Candidates used to be nominated by members of the China Television Artists Association (CTAA) and managers of local television stations. The nationwide audience would vote by filling in a form published in the Popular TV Magazine (大众电视), and the nominee with the most number of votes would clinch the top awards. Each category had three winning candidates, with the one having the highest number of votes clinching the "Best Award" (最佳奖) while the other two would each receive an "Outstanding Award" (优秀奖). If the nominee with the highest number of votes does not win more than 30% of the total share, the "Best Award" will not be given and instead all three nominees each will take an "Outstanding Award".
Since 2000 the awards ceremony has been held in Hunan province, and the awards ceremony has been preceded by the Golden Eagle TV Arts Festival, which was created by Hunan Television. The festival's awards include the Best Performing Arts Award, and the Most Popular Actor and Actress awards. The Best Performing Arts Award is given to the Audience's Choice nominee with the highest number of votes in the CTAA ballot, while the popularity awards are given at the end of the Golden Eagle Awards after several rounds of online voting.
The "Outstanding Award" for actor and actress categories was renamed to "Audience's Choice for Actor" or "Audience's Choice for Actress", and each category had about one to five nominees winning this award. There are three ballots - one for the judges, one for the members of the CTAA and one for the nationwide audience. The candidate who takes the most number of votes in the CTAA ballot wins the Best Performing Arts Actor or Actress award as well as the Audience's Choice Award, and is crowned Best Actor (视帝) or Actress (视后). The other candidates only win the Audience's Choice for Actor or Actress award.
In 2016, there was a major overhaul. The documentary and literary arts programme categories were cancelled, leaving only 9 television award categories, and the Best Actor or Actress title have since been given exclusively to the winners who receive the Audience's Choice award.
Golden Eagle Awards
- Best Television Series (最佳电视剧)
- Outstanding Television Series (优秀电视剧)
- Best Actor / Audience's Choice for Actor (最佳男主角 / 观众喜爱的电视剧男演员)
- Best Actress / Audience's Choice for Actress (最佳女主角 / 观众喜爱的电视剧女演员)
- Best Director (最佳导演)
- Best Screenwriter (最佳编剧)
- Best Art Direction (最佳美术）
- Best Cinematography (最佳摄影)
- Best Lighting (最佳灯光)
- Best Sound Recording (最佳录音)
China Golden Eagle TV Arts Festival
- Best Supporting Actor (最佳男配角)
- Best Supporting Actress (最佳女配角)
- Best Television Documentary
- Best Television Documentary Director
- Best Literary Arts Programme (最佳电视文艺节目)
- Best Literary Arts Programme Director (最佳电视节目导演)
- Best Host (最佳主持人)
- Best Literary Arts Programme Art Direction
- Best Literary Arts Programme Cinematography
Golden Eagle Goddess
The Golden Eagle Goddess (Chinese name: 金鹰女神, 2006–present) was chosen by audience votes on the official poll. From 2016, the winner has been decided by a professional jury. The chosen actress gets to perform the opening act at the China Golden Eagle TV Art Festival, which precedes the actual awards ceremony.
|2006||6th||Liu Yifei||19||Chinese Paladin, The Return of the Condor Heroes|
|2008||7th||Li Xiaolu||26||All the Misfortunes Caused by the Angel, Struggle, We Love You, Mr. Jin|
|2010||8th||Wang Luodan||26||My Youthfulness, Struggle, An Xiang|
|2012||9th||Liu Shishi||25||Chinese Paladin 3, Scarlet Heart, Xuan-Yuan Sword: Scar of Sky|
|2014||10th||Zhao Liying||27||Legend of Lu Zhen, Boss & Me, The Journey of Flower|
|2016||11th||Tiffany Tang||33||My Sunshine, Lady & Liar, Legend of Fragrance, Diamond Lover|
|2018||12th||Dilraba Dilmurat||26||Pretty Li Hui Zhen, The Flame's Daughter, Sweet Dreams|
- "About the Golden Eagle Awards". www.ctaa.org.cn. CTAA. 2010-06-07. Archived from the original on April 17, 2009. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- "中国电视剧的三大奖项：飞天奖 金鹰奖 白玉兰奖 (The Big Three Awards in Chinese Television)". Ifeng (in Chinese). Jiangsu Ifeng News. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "大众电视". Baidu Baike (in Chinese). Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Xu, Sijian. "28屆金鷹獎啟動:不評主持人節目 只評電視劇獎項". Netease (in Chinese). Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- "第28届中国电视金鹰奖". Baidu Baike (in Chinese). Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- Song, Yali. "第25届中国电视金鹰奖评选章程". China Television Artists Association (in Chinese). Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "中国电视金鹰奖第28届投票的规则" (in Chinese). Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- ""中国电视金鹰奖"科普". Sina (in Chinese). Retrieved 6 June 2017.