China Three Gorges Corporation
|Founded||27 September 1993|
|Revenue||63.0 billion RMB (2014)|
|26.0 billion RMB (2014)|
|Total assets||280.98 billion RMB|
|Owner||State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||China Yangtze Power|
Energias de Portugal (23.15%)
The China Three Gorges Corporation (CTG, Chinese: 中国长江三峡集团公司) is a Chinese state-owned power company, established on 27 September 1993. The company was responsible for construction of the Three Gorges Dam-project, the world largest hydroelectric power plant, that went into operation in 2008. In September 2002, CTG established the subsidiary company China Yangtze Power, which took over operations and management of Gezhouba and Three Gorges dams. CTG is one of the world's largest energy companies with total assets of RMB 475.5 billion (app. USD 77.3 billion) in 2014.
Apart Gezhouba and Three Gorges CTG operates and develops more massive hydroelectric projects on Yangtze River - Xiangjiaba Dam, Xiluodu Dam (third world largest hydroelectric power plant), Baihetan Dam and Wudongde Dam. By the end of 2014 CTG had 46.3 GW of total hydropower installed capacity in China and over 28 GW of total installed capacity under construction or development.
CTG is developing wind power (since 2007) and solar power (since 2011) business. As of 2014 it has 31 wind power projects in operation and 33 under construction or development, 37 solar power projects in operation and 18 under construction or development. Total installed capacity is 3,707 MW in operation, with 3,050 MW under construction or development.
As of the end of 2013, CTG had business in 37 countries and regions, with 84 ongoing international construction and investment projects. In December 2011, China Three Gorges Corporation acquired a 21.35% Portuguese government's stake in Energias de Portugal for €2.69 billion.
- "Corporation Profile". China Three Gorges Corporation. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Hydropower Projects". China Three Gorges Corporation. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Renewable Energy Business". China Three Gorges Corporation. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Portugal sells utility stake to China for $3.5 billion in 1st privatization linked to bailout". The Washington Post. Associated Press. 2011-12-22. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- "Chinese win EDP tender". The Portugal News. 2011-12-29. Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- Lee, Andrew (2011-12-12). "China Three Gorges buys into renewables group for $270m". ReCharge. NHST Media Group. Retrieved 2014-10-18. (Subscription required (help)).