China Three Gorges University
|Location||Yichang, Hubei, People's Republic of China|
China Three Gorges University (CTGU) (Chinese: 三峡大学,Pinyin:Sānxiá Dàxué) is located in Yichang City, Hubei province, China. The university is located at Xiling District, near to the Xiling Gorge, one of the Three Gorges.
The campus occupies 200 hectares, and the total building area comprises 830,000 m2 (8,934,046 sq ft). The libraries consist of 2,000,000 volumes.
CTGU is a comprehensive university established on June 29, 2000 after the merger of the University of Hydraulic and Electric Engineering at Yichang, Hubei Sanxia University, and a medical college founded in 1946.
CTGU is famous for its influence in hydroelectric engineering and electrical engineering. Since 2012, CTGU have recruited over 24,000 full-time undergraduates, 2,336 postgraduate and 1048 foreign students. Instituting a group of key subjects (key laboratories) at the provincial and state level, and doctoral and master programs.
Colleges and Faculties
CTGU consists of 30 teaching units.Here are 24 of the major colleges
- College of Hydraulic & Environmental Engineering
- College of Civil Engineering & Architecture
- College of Mechanical & Power Engineering
- College of Materials & Chemical Engineering
- College of Electrical Engineering & New Energy
- College of Computer & Information Technology
- College of Economics & Management
- College of Medical Science
- College of Art & Communication
- College of Marxism
- College of Law & Public Administration
- College of Science
- College of Chemistry and Life Science
- College of Performing & Fine Arts
- College of Foreign Languages
- College of Physical Education
- College of Adult Education
- College of Minor Nation
- College of International Communications
- College of Nursing Science
- College of Vocational Technology
- College of Modern Education Technology
- College of Teacher Training (Normal College)
- College of Clinical Science