West Air (China)
|Hubs||Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Fortune Wings Club|
|Parent company||Lucky Air|
West Airlines Co. Ltd. (simplified Chinese: 西部航空责任公司; traditional Chinese: 西部航空責任公司; pinyin: Xībù Hángkōng Zérèn Gōngsī), operating as West Air, is a low-cost airline based in New North Zone, Chongqing, People's Republic of China, operating a scheduled passenger network to 18 domestic destinations out of Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport and one international one to Changi Airport in Singapore. The company was established in March 2006 by its parent company Hainan Airlines, with the launch of scheduled services on 14 July 2010. The airline is one of the four the founding members of the U-FLY Alliance.
As of December 2016, the West Air fleet consists of the following aircraft with an average age of 3.5 years:
||Aircraft delivered from 2015 equipped with 186 seats|
West Air has previously operated the following aircraft:
The Fortune Wings Club is the loyalty program for West Air and its sister airlines, including Capital Airlines, Tianjin Airlines, Grand China Air, Grand China Express, Hainan Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Hong Kong Express and Lucky Air. Membership benefits include air ticket redemption and upgrade; VIP members have additional privileges of dedicated First or Business Class check in counters, lounge access, bonus mileage and extra baggage allowance.
- "大学新生 - 西部航空." (Archive) West Air. Retrieved on August 30, 2012. "备注：也可采用特快邮寄至 :重庆市北部新区高新园星光大道76号天王星B座21楼 西部航空有限责任公司"
- "West Air starts flights between Singapore and Chongqing". Channel NewsAsia.
- "Chinese airline West Air to start thrice-weekly flights between Chongqing and Singapore". The Straits Times. 4 February 2016.
- 航线网络 [Route Network] (in Chinese). West Air. Archived from the original on March 28, 2010. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- Liu, Jim (20 January 2017). "China West Air plans Philippines service from March 2017". Routesonline. UBM plc. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- "China West Air plans Japan launch in April 2017". routesonline.com. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "China West Air expands Hefei operation from Oct 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- West Air fleet list at airfleets.net
- "Fortune Wings Club". Fortune Wings Club. Retrieved 1 August 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to West Air (People's Republic of China).|