Chinedu Ede training with Hertha BSC in 2007
|Full name||Chinedu Ede|
|Date of birth||5 February 1987|
|Place of birth||Berlin-Wilmersdorf, West Germany|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2005–2007||Hertha BSC II||55||(13)|
|2010–2012||1. FC Union Berlin||80||(11)|
|2012–2015||1. FSV Mainz 05||9||(1)|
|2014||→ 1. FC Kaiserslautern (loan)||5||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Anorthosis Famagusta (loan)||22||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 May 2016.
Ede began his career with Berlin AK 07 and joined later the Reinickendorfer Füchse. In 1998 was scouted by Hertha BSC. He played there first for the youth team and was promoted to first team on 6 April 2006. He played then two years for the senior side of Hertha BSC. On 21 May 2008, Ede signed a four-year contract until 30 June 2011 with MSV Duisburg. After playing ten matches and scoring two goals in two and a half years, he left MSV Duisburg and returned to Berlin to sign for 1. FC Union Berlin.
On 23 July 2012, he signed a four-year contract with 1. FSV Mainz 05 until 30 June 2016. On 16 August 2014, he signed a one-year loan contract with Anorthosis Famagusta. Mainz also granted Anorthosis a subsequent purchase option.
Chinedu has a Nigerian father which makes him eligible to play for Nigeria.
- "Ede, Chinedu" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 27 March 2011.
- "Chinedu Ede wird ein Nullfünfer" (in German). 1. FSV Mainz 05. 23 July 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Chinedu Ede's Transfer". Anorthosis Famagusta. 16 August 2014. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Ede geht nach Zypern" [Ede moves to Cyprus] (in German). 1. FSV Mainz 05. 23 August 2014. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Chinedu Ede profile at Fussballdaten
|This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a forward born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|