Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
|Research institution overview|
|Formed||March 1, 1957|
|Jurisdiction||Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs|
It was established in 1957 in Beijing and oversees 42 institutes. Thirty-two are direct affiliates, eight institutes are co-hosted together with local governments or universities. It has more than 5,000 professional employees.
The Academy building contains offices of several Chinese policy institutions such as the China Association for the Promotion of International Agricultural Cooperation (CAPIAC, 中国农业国际合作促进会) established in 1998. One of CAPIAC's branches is the International Cooperation Committee for Animal Welfare (ICCAW), established in 2011. In 2017, ICCAW hosted a farm animal welfare conference together with UN Food and Agriculture Organization, RSPCA, Compassion in World Farming, the U.S. Meat Export Federation and the U.S. National Pork Board.
- "At a glance". Chinese Academy of Agriculture Sciences. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "About China Association for the Promotion of International Agricultural Cooperation". www.capiac.org.cn. Retrieved 2020-10-20.
- 中华人民共和国民政部. sgs.mca.gov.cn. Ministry of Civil Affairs. Archived from the original on 2020-10-23. Retrieved 2020-10-20.
- 中国农业国际合作促进会动物福利国际合作委员会-NGO名录-公益组织名录-NGO中心-中国发展简报网站. www.chinadevelopmentbrief.org.cn. Retrieved 2020-10-20.
- "Strong commitment towards higher animal welfare in China". www.fao.org. Retrieved 2020-10-20.